Chapter 8: Her First Kill...

Daryl's POV:  

Me and Ash fall behind the elevator doors as they continue to fire non-stop. The bullets just jump of the pillars that we are taking cover from, just brushing past us. 

'Ash! The emergency button...PRESS IT!'

Ash looks over to the gleaming red button and punches the button with her fist before the elevator doors close and the lights go out. Darkness everywhere we turn.  They've stopped firing.

'Why have they stopped?' Asks Ash in the pitch black. The only sounds that escape from us is our shallow breathing.

'I-I don't kn--'

Before I can finish the sentence, the elevator gives way and free falls below us. Ash screams beside me as we both hit the ground with the blinking light above us. 

Suddenly I am yanked from my crouching position and I fly upwards, my body slamming the ceiling of the elevator and my head smashing against the dead light, glass showering everywhere as I'm thrown back to the ground. I wince in pain, I can't tell if I'm busy with the darkness lurking around everywhere.

'DARYL? DARYL?! WHAT DO WE DO?' She screams as the elevator keeps on free-falling, I blindly look in the darkness as if something miraculous is going to jump out and save us. My heart is beating so fast to the point where I am expecting it to stop at any minute.

'Ash..Just stay calm..I don'--' I try to force the words outta my mouth but the pain swaying in my head is overtaking all my abilities.

Suddenly, it JOLTS to a stop. Then...silence...

'What just happened...' she whispers next to me. I can hear the fear in her voice.

'I stumble up from my position, feeling the warm blood dripping from my temple. Sparks flying everywhere as I grab the end of my machine gun and try to feel fro the crack in the doors.

'Ash--Ash--C-COME..On..'

I try to pry open the doors with my bare fingers but it barely moves as my fingers keep slipping from the sweat blanketing around the skin of my fingers. Then, with the end of my machine gun, I force the doors open and hold put the gun between the space of the two doors so I can help Ash to her feet.

'Come on..Come-On, we gotta move...'

'Ye-Yeah I-I know..' She clings onto her bow as the other hand is held down on her bleeding arm. Shards of glass sticking outta her skin, smothered in blood.

'Jesus..' I say as i rip a sleeve off of my t-shirt and wrap it around the gash decorating her arm.

'Th-ank you..'

'Don't mention it...come on we gotta move before they do...'

<><><>

The lift doors disappear into their slots and I snatch my machine gun wedged in the space between the two doors. What floor are we on?

I head out into the isolated, dimly lit corridors with Ash limping behind me. The 'Arena' is at the centre of The Valentina meaning there is going to be a shit ton of corridors to get through and hella a lot of ass to kick.

'what floor is this?' Whispers Ash. I can already see the stitches slipping outta her face but I don' say a word.

'I think it's floor 5.'

'What floor was the hideout?'

'51..'

'But there's only 50 floors in the Valentina.'