Chapter 13: Straight lines

'I've been looking everywhere for you..' She says.

Her voice sounding unfamiliar for some reason. And why has she been hiding her arm behind her back this entire time? I know it's weird but I have been trying to get as much distance as possible between us.

Her eyes flicker for a moment. A flash of red sparks in her eyes. And she smiles. Strangely, and creepily.

'Are you okay?' She asks. But why do I get the feeling that she doesn't care? I just can't help but stare at the inhumane smile that paints her face.

'I-I'm fine. Let's just...let's just get out of--'

'Don't worry, I know how you can get out'

Huh? She walks towards me with those red dotted eyes. Red dotted eyes.  It's those eyes that always gets me thinking. Like they're trying to tell me something. It's something about those sparks of red. Something about the way those eyes coats her face. And instantly my heart decides to beat faster.

'Yeah? Oh great...How?'

'You can give up..'

'What? Give up?'

'Yeah...It's that or...' 

Suddenly, she lunges at me and takes out the silver lined gun from behind her back. So that's what the bitch has been hiding. 

And with one click, a bullet comes screaming out of her gun and comes chasing after me. I jump to the left and roll forward. Sweat glistens my face as panic floods my body. And those red dotted yes shimmer once again.

'...or YOU CAN LOSE!'

She holds the gun at the same level as my head and before she could pull the trigger, I jump into the hedge and roll out the other side. I pick myself up and I start sprinting. But I hardly manage to cover 5 meters, because she rolls out the other side to and with her needle-like nails, she snatches onto the skin of my neck and pulls me down with her. I can feel the surface of my neck peeling off behind me as I feel the blood oozing out.

She rolls me over so I'm facing her. She places herself on top of my chest and she knocks the breath out of me.

She releases a barbaric shriek as she tries to place the tip of her gun at my forehead. I fidget under her grip as she struggles to rest the gun on me. Then, she releases one of her hands from my torn t-shirt and uses it to hit  me. She smashes her fist into the left of my jaw, again, blood seeping from the contact, staining the skin of her knuckles and the front of my t-shirt.

I cry out as I try to throw her off of me but she's so strong. This is not Ashley. Again, those red-dotted eyes blink a flash of cerise. It's almost as if the green of of her eyes has completely dissolved.

Her gun then finally touches my forehead as I feel my strength draining away. She grips onto the trigger and she smiles. Grotesquely. Then, I push the gun from where it rests on my head. Pushing it away with my palm.

Then, her guns booms.

The sickening sound of the bullets leave a painful ringing in my ears. The bullet whisks past my hand. Landing in the nest on my head which is my scruffy hair.

I scream. And with one THWACK! I slam the gun out of my hand and it goes tumbling out of her grip, sliding onto the blood-trailed floor.

'NOOOO!' She screams. And she wraps her hands around my neck. So tightly as if they were supposed to be there. I struggle as i feel the strength in her grow stronger and stronger. Each second, the grip gets tighter. And the tears come pouring from my eyes.