Our Love Will Be Remembered... (Ch 12)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED...

Chapter 12

That's something that I think about a lot. After all those murders. I always had been lucky. If people believed that I deserved a punishment, that God or some outside force must have been against my actions they were wrong.

At that point I had never got caught, not even close to it, people weren't even suspicious and I had killed four women without counting Darya. Sure there had been news of Darya's murder because I had to left her body in the street... heart-less... but still... no one had came close to suspect me. Because lucky me, I had been wearing a mask all along. And hadn't given my name. I had invited myself at that party actually, so no way to track me.

I might have acted like a fool in love but I was never just a fool. I knew what I was doing.

In all those cops' movies, the detective always connected everything together and found the murderer. But things were different in real life. In real life most murder cases were left unresolved if the person hadn't done a mass murder, really obvious kind of thing.

It's felt more like I was helped into my killings more than I was being stopped.

Even now, when I look back at all the killings, luck was always a great asset of mine. If I hadn't been as lucky, if there hadn't been so many opportunities I would never had been able to kill so many.

But it wasn't the killing part that was important, that was something I always remembered. It was the fact that I was preserving something pure.

And I know I most sound crazy or psychotic but I also knew what love could do to one person. I knew what could happen if one lived after the destruction of the love they had felt, the love they had thought was the strongest of all.

I had seen what it could do to someone. What loving someone after the love had been tainted could do. And it wasn't pretty.

I also knew what a perishing love looked like; I watched it with my parents. They had once loved each other passionately. But now? Were they still even in love? They barely talked with each other, barely acknowledged the other. Their love had turned into something pathetic and sad. Their love wasn't worth anything anymore.

All my loves, they were all still beautiful and forever preserved in my memory. I held onto them like a treasure.

All these love lived through me as they had made me the person I was. Each love made me grow into the man I am now.

So that's why, even though I wish for things to play out differently in the end, I couldn't not experience all these love.

Because without them I wouldn't be who I am.

And without them I wouldn't have had her...

But before meeting her, I had to meet a few more.

The next one, as I had said, was Lucie.