Our Love Will be Remembered... (Ch 32)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED...

Chapter 32

Of all the people I killed, Juliet’s father was the one and only that I didn’t love. No love had anything to do with his death. I killed him because he deserved it. I killed him because of hate. I killed him for what he did to her. I killed him.

It occurred to me that someone who had loved one of the girls I had killed might have wanted to do the exact same thing to me and I understood it.

If anyone ever tried to hurt her again like he had… I would kill him too, that simple. And again I realized that I might never be able to preserve our love, kill her myself… how… would… I could barely put it into words. The very thought of killing her made my chest clench and my breathe stick in my throat.

It had been easy to find her father. It had been easy to make it look like a suicide. I was used to doing things like this at this point.

It was strange to do it though, with someone I didn’t love. While I was being careful with my loved ones body, it took all my self restraint to not just toss and kick him around.

The night I killed her father is the same night I finally took the hearts out.

I still had all of them, some less well preserved then the others, some had been harder to get then the others, but they were all there.

All my loved ones.

I had thought I had loved all of them, but had I really? If I had really loved them wouldn’t I have found a way to make our love last without needing to end it on my own accords?

And what was their love when I compared it to Juliet’s. None of them had knew me as well as Juliet, sure in the end they had all knew my little secrets, the one Juliet didn’t know, but still then, there was only Juliet that truly got me…

That night I got rid of the heart. Part of me had thought about sending them to their respective families, but that would have been crueler then anything.

I won’t say where I took them or what I did with them… I think it’s better this way… but you can rest assure that they are at rest now.