Our Love Will Be Remembered... (Ch 6)

OUR LOVE WILL BE REMEMBERED

Chapter 6

I waited until I left my hometown to find a new love. I didn't want people to be suspicious. One disappearance was "normal", two was a weird coincidence, three would have been pushing my luck.

So I finished High-School and then went to College in the big city.

At first, I wanted to keep the calm image of the perfect student I had always held, but I realized quickly that there was a way I needed to act around girls now, if I wanted to be able to experience every kind of love.

And dozens of girls needed to know what love really was about, and to them, I was handsome, to them I was mysterious. Actually, there was almost too many... I couldn't settle. Which one was the right one? Which one should I say no to? Which one should I say yes?

It was during those years that people around me started to call me a Don Juan. They said I could get any girl, attract them all, but never kept them. Why? Because when I realized she wasn't my new love, there was no reason to keep her company, now was there?

But being called Don Juan was the worst insult I could ever have...

Don Juan didn't do it for the girls. Don Juan believed in rationality and science, that "Two and two made four". I was the exact contrary. I was all emotion, no thinking. I was a lover, simple as that.

And Don Juan did it only to nag the Church, to show disrespect by marrying all the girls and then leaving them.

I had no problem with the Church... I actually found there were many impossible love stories, more beautiful than anything I could imagined, that only existed because of the Church.

And I was doing what I was doing because I was looking for that perfect feeling. I wasn't really a player. I was simply being courteous to the ladies around me.

If it hadn't been for Magaret I probably wouldn't have gone to college, to study in Literature. I actually had wanted for many years to become a soldier, to be the new aged knight... but soldiers didn't held the same meaning as in the Crusades. Or even as during the two World Wars. Army couldn't offer me this kind of love anymore...

So I went to college. Though in the back of my mind I knew that it was only because it was a necessary thing to go through, a way to find a specific kind of love I still hadn't experienced.

Because I wasn't planning on becoming a writer or a teacher.

I had thought about doctor, but I knew what the hours did to your life, my mother was the perfect example. Working as a doctor would completely destroy my real life goal. But I wanted to save lives.

Ironic I know... but wasn't the "love with your patient" a love I needed to experiment? And for some reason I felt that it would help me, could help me.

So I went to college, planning on dropping after I had enough. And then I would become a paramedic or a firefighter... someone, something that could be there to save lives... to be a savior.

But before becoming a savior I had a girl to met, a girl to love, all thanks to Margaret.

And the lucky one was called Wendy Holmes...