Day 53

Sept. 17th, 2013

Dear reader,

Try to stay to eating fully cooked meats. Eating meat raw can become your last deadly mistake.

I learned this when finding a man on the side of the road as we contenued our journey who was barely alive. He looked starved and he couldn't move. A bloody chicken bone was in his fingers. His mouth was bloody and his face was pale. It was unfortunate truly.

Today, we are at our half way mark. By tomorrow morning, we should be there.

Nothing happened really. We walked. Barely spoke. Although I did have one conversation with Riley.

"Do you think Connie is still alive?" I asked.

I had read Nick and Riley's past entries in my journal and found one about them going to visit Connies' house. At the time I had been searching for my parents with Carmen. I wish I had seen Connie with the others.

Riley shrugged. "Maybe." She replied softly. A small dagger hung loosely in her hand for protection.

Speaking of that, we hadn't run into any zombies for the past few days. Its been weird. Although I did catch a few snooping inside a hotel by their shadowd casts on the windows.

People like me are deathly afraid of zombies. I should be. They come for human brains. Its depressing because they've taken over the world without even knowing it.

By sun down, we're nearly there and we take short breaks around abandoned buildings. Soon, we forgot about the zombies because of how quiet is was in the town.

~Juliana