Day 45

Sept. 9th, 2013

Dear reader,

I hope this journal has sorta helped you out so far! Its tough writing about your life while you're also living in Hell.

So, I found out that Melanie really was two years old and that her mom and dad had both disappeared and never return. She would cry at night, hoping they would come but they never did. She also has a teddy bear named Happy. She is very shy and just wants to see her parents again.

This morning, I have decided to add to my to-do list. Whenever I get the time I will take Melanie to the nearest bar where they should be able to find her parents. Might as well check my to-do list:

* Get Nick's health back up to good

* Take my family, Jackie and Carmen and bring them to Izzy

* Take Melanie to a bar

* ....

Well, hmm, now I just have to wait until Nick's back in shape and then we will move on with our plan. I wonder whats on Carmen's to-do list. Probably the same thing.

I go into Nick's bedroom, knowing I really should be spending the little time I have with my family.

He's awake. And standing. He's wrapping his chest in gauze so if the stitches reopen again there will be a shield so that the healing can continue.

"Hey." I say cooly. I won't bring up the paper now, its too early.

"When's the last time you've gone hunting?" Nick murmurs.

"Yesterday. Right after we found Melanie." I explain who Melanie is and what I am going to do with her after check list is all checked off.

"You're always saving someone. Always caring for somebody, except yourself." Nick says, crossing his arms, a smirk on his face.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" I begin to growl, like a defenseless dog, pinned in a corner ready to fight.

"Nothing bad, well, unless you're considering dieing for someone else. Like jumping a bullet to protect a friend. I'm just saying that you take care of everyone else, but when it comes to your health, you're like 'I'm fine'." Nick counters.

I blow a hair out of my face. "Well...if I never cared for anyone, would you still be alive?"

"In some cases, yes." Nick laughs.

I let out a growl of annoyance that this boy wouldn't listen. But, then again, he was only doing this because he could finally walk without being helped. He walks up to me and I stand my ground.

"Hmm...still tough as nails, yes?" He says. I'm about to snap back at him when he tickles me in the stomach which made me burst out screaming and laughing like a child, like Melanie.

Finally escaping the torment and anguish I glare at him. He just laughs his ass of-erh-butt off. Vowed not to cuss....

"You see? You need to enjoy life as you have it and not just keep everyone else happy, remember to keep yourself happy as well." Nick says.

    ***

Well, by evening, everyone laughed and ate in the living room nobody really went into. The one without the piano. The one with a sofa against the wall, the one with a working TV and wii and movies. The fun living room nobody wanted to visit.

Now, we all sat in a circle. At my right was Carmen, and to my left was Riley. Nick sat across from me, Kieth and Nate sitting side by side him. Melanie sat by Carmen. We ate spaghetti. With parmasean cheese.

This is out of the story but; hey Cj, I'm totally gonna win this bet between us!!!

"So, we're going to Carmen's friend Izzy's house until this whole thing gets situated?" Big Nate asks looking at Carmen after her explanation of what the plan was because of the over population in the house.

"Pretty much. Ah, don't worry about it," Kieth says, understanding the plan quickly, "You won't miss me too much."

Riley flicks a noodle at Kieth playfully and he tosses a meatball.

"Is this...a food fight?" Mr. W. asks with amusement.

"Hey, I am a champ at food fights. You will all lose." My mom says. Nick says the same thing, eyeing me.

"Guys, we don't have enough food to be messing around." I interuppt just as Nate is about to say, "Food fight!!!"

Nick gives me a look. I know what he wants me to do. He wants me to be happy, yet have fun. I sigh, "Fine."

Then the flinging of food begins.

~Juliana