33 - You Dress In Their Traditional Outfit (Paladins Only!)

Ahahaha another one! This is for the Paladins only (not Allura), and Traditional Wear is refering to what people of their culture would wear (Cuban, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Samoan) and for those of you who are confused, the skirts that Hunk mentions are worn by everyone: not just girls

Shiro - Japanese

Today was a cold day and you were to go out into cold weather and the ship didn't have enough jackets since Lance had ruined his last time they went into cold weather.

You didn't want to hang back, so you made your way to your room, walking in and began digging through your side of the closet.

"You really don't think you're going, right?" Shiro spoke from behind you. You gave a sigh. "I️ should come. It's not good if you don't have backup, especially since Matt is back with the rebels now", you said, continuing your search.

Shiro let out a breath he was holding and move to look in his portion of the closet. He pulled out a long thick looking robe. You cocked an eyebrow. "What is that?" You asked, looking at the black piece of clothing he was examining.

"It's called a Yukata. It's a traditional piece to wear, but it's been falling apart so I'm lending it to you for you to wear for today", he said.

~

"What the hell are you wearing?" You heard Lance ask from behind you. "It's a kimono", you said proudly. "Yukata", Shiro and Pidge corrected in front of you.

"Anyways, it's to keep me warm since you stole my jacket", you said, giving him a playful glare and caught up with Shiro.

"You look really pretty in that", he said, pecking the top of your head. You gave a small giggle and looked up at him. "Arigatou", you said, noticing the small blush sweep across his face as he coughed.

Lance - Cuban

It was Lance's birthday today, and you wanted to surprise him with a shirt you'd made. He'd always talked about missing home, and how his  great Grandma used to live in Cuba and how he'd visit. So, you'd decided to turn the castle into a small Cuban party.

Everyone had specific garments they would wear to make him feel at home, but yours was a bit more fancy. It was a shirt, but the sleeves and top were made by a long wavy piece of fabric that took hours to sew properly on.

You wore this and a pair of pants and was currently decorating with final touches before you'd go wake him. You finished up on the last bouquet of flowers before running down the halls of the castle to wake him up.

You opened your door to see him still sleeping, his headphones still playing a soft hum of a piano. You gently shook him awake. His eyes fluttered open and he gave you a sleepy smile before removing his headphones.

"Throw on some clothes, we have a surprise for you", you said, returning his smile. He changed into his normal clothes and walked out with you, proudly sporting his blue lion slippers.

You both walked into the main lounge area and everyone looked at Lance. "Happy birthday", they chanted. Lance looked around, mesmerized at the place. "This is really cool", he said, "thank you (y/n)."

"You're welcome", you responded. "By the way", Lance started, pulling you close and leaning towards your ear, "you look cute in my traditional wear."

Keith - Korean

Today was the 10th year since Keith's dad had died in a fire. This left the teen anger, sad and angsty. He had locked himself up in his room, not letting anyone in. You knocked once, waiting to hear noise on the other side.

When you heard nothing, you knocked twice. Shuffling was audible from the other sid dog the door and you finally gave a sigh, walking in anyway.

There were tissues scattered along the floor, and next t the trash can was a red garment, a single sleeve from what appeared to be an old piece of clothing. The edges looked burnt, as if it had seen battle or been in a fire.

You grabbed that and moved to the bed, moving into Keith's vision. Your boyfriend had puffy eyes, silent tears streaming down his face. He didn't look at you, his cold gaze captivated by the wall.

You wiggles into his lap, pulling him into a hug. You moved his chin so he was looking at you, and you pulled the sleeve on. "He loved you a lot", you said, grabbing his hands, "He did it to save you."

Keith's eyes met yours and he nodded. You rubbed the sleeve in between your fingers. "It's soft. Just like you", you said, making him flush.

Hunk

"Hunk?" You called from the room. Hunk came down the hall and entered, seeing the place turned upside down. You stood in the middle of the chaos, hair slightly crazy and a tired look on your face. "Do you know where my swimsuit shorts are?" You asked.

He shook his head. "Maybe you lost them last time we went to the beach?" He questioned, starting to clean up. You helped, wondering where the damn thing had gone.

"Do you have your bottoms?" He asked. You nodded. "Well, it's not any more coverage but it may help...", he said, rummaging through one of his drawers you hadn't gone through.

He pulled out a skirt, which was a plain beige with only two giant dark red flowers. "This is a puletasis. It was mine for formal events but I️ have another at home, I️ take this one just in case everywhere I go. You can borrow it for our date", he offered, handing you the skirt. You smiled, nodding. "Thank you", you said, putting it with your small luggage.

~

"Sunshine are you almost done?" Hunk asked as he waited outside the room's bathroom. You stepped out, clad in your swim shirt and new puletasis. Hunk gave a smile and kissed your forehead. "You look nice", he said. You gave him a thanks before walking down to the beach with him, a day of fun ahead of the two balls of sunshine.

Pidge - Italian

Pidge was digging through her closet, wondering where her antique vest was. That brown and ugly green coloured vest had been worn by her ancestors, and when she had turned 13 she'd received it as a gift from her father since Matt got the cool watch.

Pidge wanted to wear it since it reminded her of her father, who was safe on earth as she thought about him. The door opened behind Pidge and stood up, closing her closet. "Hey, have you seen my-"

Pidge stopped dead in her tracks when she saw you, in her vest. It fit you well, making your body show through in ways it didn't on Pidge and she had a mini heart attack.

"You look really cute in my vest and all", Pidge said, clearing her throat to keep her composure, "but it's a heirloom and it's antique, make sure you be really careful with it on today."

You gave a smile to her as she kissed you, wrapping her arms around your waist. "I'm sorry, do you want it back?" You asked. She shook her head. "Not until the end of the day. You look great in it."