32 - You Show Off/Impress Them

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the suggestions and ideas on new preferences and for helping me out with some of the questions i had! I will continue to write for some specific people like you guys said, HOWEVER THEY WILL BE GENDER NEUTRAL NOW! READER'S PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM! I'm really excited to start writing again, and it may not be very often (we'll see about that), but I️ do appreciate the 70k+ reads and I️ hope you enjoy reading as much as I️ enjoy writing!

Shiro

"I️ don't think it'd be necessary to have all five lions on this simple mission", Shiro said, crossing his arms in front of his chest at the group before him.

It had come time to discuss a mission to get onto a planet and clear them of the main town unit before a meteor struck in 3 day's time. The team had been arguing about who should be sent where and why, breaking out into yelling and bickering.

You had been sitting quietly next to Shiro, you being the only person sitting down still besides the mice and Coran. You had had it with their bickering and stood up suddenly, slamming your hand on the table in front of you. Everyone stopped and turned their attention to you. You looked up at them before speaking.

"We move out in an hour to go down there, Lance, you make your way over to the heart of the city with Pidge and Hunk to evacuate the city, when the meteor gets close enough, we'll destroy it. Coran and Allura, you power up the castle and aim it closely at the meteor, Shiro, Keith and I️ will try to stop the meteor before it gets into your firing range. Any questions?" You said, glaring at the group. You stood up and left the room.

Everyone stared at the door for a solid minute before Shiro cleared his throat. "You heard them", he said, exiting the room, "move out."

~

Shiro had caught up with you in the hangar. You looked up at him and he smiled. "It was impressive how you were able to stop their bickering. I'm proud of you", he said, wrapping his arms around your waist. You looked up at him and cocked an eyebrow. "It was nothing. Why are you so happy?" You asked.

"I'm not just happy", he said, "I'm also impressed."

Lance (don't get mad I️ had to ask a friend about this)

You were sitting at the desk in your room, Lance sitting next to you. He was helping out with your Spanish, making sure that you knew the differences between masculine and feminine.

"Okay, most of the time, things ending in -o are masculine and things ending in -a are feminine. Clear?" He asked. You nodded. "So things like pescado (fish) and toro (bull) are masculine and things like fresas (strawberries) and playa (beach) are feminine?" You asked. He nodded in confirmation.

"What does 'te amo' mean? Is it masculine?" You asked, fully aware of your move to embarrass your boyfriend and show off. His face reddened, looking away from you. "I️-it's a version of saying 'I love you', b-but it's more of a...", he coughed and looked back at you, "deep meaning thing, l-like when you've been with someone long enough or y-you feel comfortable enough with t-them", he said.

"Is it more of a masculine thing to say?" You asked, trying hard not to grin. His hand reaches up to the back of his neck, scratching it as he spoke. "W-well, it can be used by any gender."

You leaned closer to him, wrapping your arms around his neck, your faces mere centimeters away. "Te amo", you said, showing off your acceded vocabulary, pressing your lips against your boyfriend's.

Lance had to calm himself down otherwise he would have done much more than that kiss. He pulled away and gave you a flustered smile. "Show off", he muttered under his breath before claiming your lips again.