Matthew Holt Catchup

YO ITS YA BOI! Okay, here's a MATT catch up! If you're wondering why I didn't actually put him in at the start, I wanted to wait and see what his personality was like so it was accurate :) please enjoy! Also, some of these include spoilers for Season Four, so please read with caution. Thank you!

How you met

Running from a bomb wasn't how you'd thought your day would turn out. Being a human-Galra and enrolling in the Blade Of Mamora has its perks, but setting off a bomb wasn't one of them.

You were running down the hall when you ran into another person. You stood up quickly and looked down, meeting the eyes of a short brunette. "A paladin Of Voltron? You must escape, immediately", you said, grabbing her and racing out. Your mask wrapped around your face as you launched out of the ship, just in time to see it explode.

The Blade of Mamora ship had vanished, but the Green Lion came zooming towards you both. The girl hopped in and grabbed you, pulling you in.

At the back of the Green Lion stood a tall man who had the same hair and eyes as the girl, but a small scar on his cheek. Your eyes watered at the sight of him. "He's very handsome", your mind screamed. He coughed. "Are you okay?" He asked. You nodded.

"I'm Matt", he said, sticking out a hand. You smiled and shook it. "(Y-y/n)."

Confession

You were a little shaken today. Avoiding Matt wasn't very easy, neither was nearly screaming out your love for him.

You were walking down the hall when you saw him approach you. You turned your heel and tried to walk the other way, but he stuck out his staff and stopped you, keeping you there.

"What's the matter? Why have you been avoiding me? Do you not like me?" He asked. You shook your head. "I-it's not that...it's just.."

"What? It's what?" He stopped you. "It's that I really like this person and I don't know how to tell them, since I've been an outcast all my life and the Blades don't really like me a lot, so I don't want to mess anything up a-"

Matt stopped you by kissing your hand. "I like you too (y/n)", he said, smiling as he pulled you into a hug. You smiled. "I'm glad."

First Kiss

You were in your spare room in the Castle of Lions, polishing your knife when Matt came in. You put it away as he smiled at you. You returned his smile, and cocked your head at his hands hidden behind his back.

"What that?" You asked, pointing to his arms. He pulled out a small creature, it's body a little fluff ball, green with blue marks like Allura's and Coran's. It floated over to you. You smiled and hugged it tightly.

"Where did you find it?" You asked. Matt smiled cheekily. "I wanted to find something for you, so Pidge helped me", he said. You smiled at him and adjusted your posture so you were a bit taller and kissed him.

He was a bit surprised at your kiss, but kissed back anyways. He pulled away and smiled. "You be nice", Matt scolded the tiny creature. It's marks lit up as it stared at Matt.

"I think I'll name it...

Kerberos."

Where They Like To Kiss You

Matt likes to kiss your hand. He'll leave for a mission, but before he does he always kisses your hand, making your face turn red.

Where You Like To Kiss Them

You love kissing the back of his neck. Sometimes you'll come up behind him and hug him, kissing his neck.

They See You Cry

You were wrapped in blankets, cocooned in a ball as you cried into your pillow you held tightly. You had just heard about Narti, and even though you'd only been friends with her for a short while, you still grieved her death.

You heard the door to your room open and felt pressure on your back, where someone had laid across your cocoon. "What?" You sniffed.

The cocoon broke open to a dark room and Matt, who stood there with a sad smile. You started crying again and he scooped you into his arms, hugging you tightly as you cried.

"It's okay. I know how it feels knowing a friend has passed. I understand, princess", he said, kissing your cheek. You nodded and he wiped your tears away.

"You don't need to cry. I'm here for you. Let's go feed Kerberos", he said, taking your hand and leading you out of the dark room, Kerberos trailing behind you.

You See Them Cry

You came back from a mission and threw your helmet down, turning angrily to Matt. "Why didn't you listen to me!?" Matt yelled. You growled at him. "The mission is always more important that the person. That's how it is", you said.

He threw down his stuff. "It's not worth your sacrifice to try and infiltrate a tiny, slightly unnecessary Galra base!" He yelled back, tears pricking at his eyes.

"And now you're going to cry because I nearly died!? You cannot do that. I've seen more people died than you've seen alive Matt, I-"

"And I don't want you to be one of those people, dead and not in my life anymore!" Matt yelled, tears coming down his face fully now.

You stopped your arguing to hug him. "I'm sorry", he said, "but I can't loose more people than I've seen in the rebellion."

You nodded at his words. "I apologize. I didn't mean to upset you Matt", you said. "It's okay. Just don't try to kill yourself again for the mission."

"Okay."