10 - They Get Sick

Hey guys! I'm updating again! And I was typing this in my notes and went to copy it and hit the cut button instead ;-; so I'm hoping that you enjoy the second version after rewriting it haha. Enjoy!

Shiro

You were standing outside his door, waiting for him to get changed. It was a mission today, a big one to convince a king of this volcanic planet to surrender some BOM members that they'd captured.

You knocked on his door and puffed your cheek when you didn't hear an answer. "Shiro! We are going to miss out on kicking ass today! They might need Voltron!" You yelled.

The doors to his room slid open and revealed a pale Shiro. His shirt was wrinkled as much as the dark bags under his eyes and his hair was messy. "I'm trying to", he responded, blankly looking down at you. You grabbed his hand and dragged him into the room.

You laid him down and brought the covers up to him. Over the communication device in your ear, you could hear Lance yell: "We need Voltron!" You sighed and puffed out your cheek in annoyment.

"Stay here. When we're safe, I'll come and make sure you're taken care of. Until then just stay in bed. I'll try and fly a pod or, if Black will let me I'll fly her down", you said, kissing his forehead. He muttered and 'thank you' under his breath and you smiled, running out to assist your team.

Lance

You were sitting with him in his room while he played video games, you watching since your thumbs were cramping from the hours of playing.

You noticed Lance's moves were getting slower and you looked over at him. His expression was tired and worn out, after all it was late and he'd just gotten back from a mission not three hours ago.

You turned off the tv and he glared at you.
"(Y/n)! Why'd you do that!" He asked, standing up. "Go to sleep or I'll never kiss you again", you threatened. He ran over to his bed and snuggled into your neck. "Fine. And don't take my temperature. I'm fine", he whined, drifting off slowly to sleep to the sound of your heart beat.

Keith

You were carrying some soup to Keith's room, knowing he wasn't feeling good since he looked deathly pale yesterday and hadn't woken up since.

You softly knocked on the door and heard and weak 'come in' on the other side. You opened the door and smiled at him. "I made some onion soup...", you said, setting it down and helping him up.

He thanked you and greatfully took the soup, dipping lightly from the bowl and ignoring the spoon. "Anything I can do?" You asked, looking up at him. He shook his head. "I think I might go and tra-"

"No!" You said, making him jump. You stood up. "You need rest. If you don't rest then I won't make you more soup", you said. He growled in annoyance at you but sighed, setting the now empty bowl down and turning on his side to sleep.

Hunk

You were in the kitchen making food with Hunk when all of a sudden, Hunk sneezed loudly. Into the food you were making. You sighed and threw the bowl into the sink, handing Hunk a tissue.

"Really?" You asked. He sighed. "Sorry. I'll go take a nap and see how I feel after", he said, exiting the room. "By the time you wake, there will be a nice cake waiting for you! After you feel better!" You called after him. He smiled to himself and continued to his room, jogging a bit to hurry himself to sleep so he could eat that cake you'd mentioned.

Pidge

You woke up to the sound of coughing on the edge of your bed. You had slept in Pidge's room, having fallen asleep during a late night movie binge.

She was typing away at something, her fingers dancing gracefully over the keys as she coughed.  You smiled at her and closed her computer. "Hey!" She said, giving you a pout. You looked at her and opened your arms. "Rest please", you whispered. She sighed and scooted over to you, climbing under the covers to cuddle into your neck.

Her arms wrapped around your torso and yours instinctively wrapped around her neck. "Sleep well Pidge", you said quietly as you felt the green paladin's breathing slow to a steady sleepy pace.

Allura

Right after an intense mission, you were assisting Coran with aiding the princess. She was resting after destroying and leaving a planet that was close to Coran's heart after the Galra had slaughtered everyone. She was emotionally hurt and also stitched up along her bicep.

Coran exited to get her some food while you helped her brush her hair. "Darling, you don't have to tend to me", she whispered as you ran the brush through her fluffy hair. "And yet I will continue to aid you my princess", you said, kissing her forehead and laying her down, Coran entering with a plate of food goo.

He set it down and the two of you left the tired princess to eat and sleep.

Lotor

"They're here Lotor", you said, entering his room. You flicked on the lights and saw a large lump, supposedly your boyfriend, laying in bed. You shook him and he did not awaken.

You gave him a shove and he fell off the bed, win in game as he got up. "The lords from the planet Eurthopea are here", you said as he stood up. He proceeded to put on his armor as you waited for him outside.

He walked out and you cocked an eyebrow. "You look like hell", you said. He glanced at you. "Sure do feel like it", he said, sighing as the two of you continued to walk towards the main throne room, the lords waiting patiently for your arrival.

~

"You're not moving from there until your better", you said sternly as you placed an ice pack to Lotor's red hot skin. His purple skin tone had gone even paler and he'd caught a fever, excusing himself after the lords left. You caught up to him and forced him into his bed.

"I'm fine. I just need a pill and I'll be okay", he argued, going to stand up. You slammed your hand onto his chest and forced him down. "Stay here or I'll leave you", you threatened, walking out as he nodded in fear of your threat.

Matt

Matt was stubborn when it came to his health. He usually was healthy, but in the event that he did get sick, he refused to rest or take any medication.

A perfect example was when he got the flu when an alien sneezed on him in battle. You quickly hurried Matt out and back onto the Castle.

The battle had ended shortly after your return and the Paladins headed back to the Castle as well. You placed a cold towel on his forehead and told him to stay put. "Hey Pidge?" You asked, walking into her room.

"Yeah?" She asked, looking up from her work. "Can you search up some ways to cure Galra flu sicknesses..? Matt got sneezed on and he's now caught the flu", you said. She nodded, moving to her computer and opening it, quickly scanning some sites as she typed in somethings.

"Okay, it says to keep the patient cold against protest and to feed them soft foods since their mouth may go numb...", she trailed off, her glasses glaring the computer screen as she pushed them up the bridge of her nose with her index finger.

"Thanks Pidgey."

"Don't call me that peasant."

~

"Matt! You aren't getting any blankets! Alien Internet's orders!" You yelled, tugging a blanket away from him. He pouted and opened his arms. For the past couple days, he has been NEEDY!

"Fine", you said, climbing into bed with him and laying down with him. "You're lucky I care", you mumbled as he shook his head. "Just Stay please..."

"Okay."