21 - Nightmares

Hey guys! Just wanted to thank you for over 30k reads! I'm so glad so many people read these! SEASON FOUR IS SO GOOD! Anyways, enjoy!

Shirt

Shiro was always haunted by nightmares. You were used to that now, his PTSD hadn't been letting up. You were shocked to know he had nightmares, but were accepting enough to understand them.

The first time a nightmare had occurred (that you'd known of) was after a failed mission around 9 months into your relationship. Shiro couldn't save a few people in the large rockslide, and so when they came back, the team had let their angry out on him, then left.

He crawled into bed with you that night, pulling you close to his chest. He fell asleep soon, but was haunted with the nightmares that plagued his mind when he felt he couldn't fix something.

He awoke with a sweaty face, him breathing heavily. He felt a small tug on his arm and looked down at you, who was wide awake. "Shiro", you called, sitting up to be next to him, "did you have a nightmare? You were shaking."

He shook his head. "No. I'm fine. Please go back to sleep", he urged, trying to brush off your concern. "Shiro, you are not okay. Please just",  you stopped yourself by pulling him back down with you to hug him, "please just tell me."

Shiro hugged you back, letting just a few tears slip past his lids. "We failed the mission. I️ have bad nightmares when I️ feel I️ can't...", he trailed off, hugged you tighter. You had finally understood what he meant. "It's okay", you said, "Because the people who didn't make it, they thank you for saving the younger ones. They thank you for saving as many as you could, and at the end of the day, you as a team should mourn over the losses and say your goodbyes and then keep going, before the universe ends up like the few who left us today."

He nodded, understanding you odd choice of words. "I'm sorry", he said. You wiggled away from him a bit to kiss him, wanting him to know you loved him. He kissed back without hesitation, understanding your intentions.

"I️ love you Shiro", you said quietly. He locked eyes with you and smiled. "I️ love you too
(y/n)."

Lonce

You seemed to always catch Lance doing something he didn't want you to know about. Whether it was playing games in the middle of the night, star gazing, singing a song, etc.

But you woke up tonight, feeling no warmth next to you. You sat up, squinting in the darkness of the room. "Lance?" You whispered. There was no reply back. You got up and turned the lights on their low setting, immediately noticing that Lance wasn't in the room.

You walked down the hall and turned down another, seeing a light near the end of the other. You walked down it, opening the door to the room that bled light.

Lance floated in the pool (or tried to, he kept wiggling around). He gave up and stood up. He was still in his sleep clothes, his lion slippers on the side of the pool along with a towel. You sat down at the edge, dipping your legs in. Luckily you had worn some short (f/c) pants to bed so you didn't need to roll them up.

Lance noticed you and swam over to the edge, leaning against it. "Why are you here in the middle of the night?" You asked. He sighed. "I️ just miss home. I️ had a nightmare about our home being destroyed", he said, giving in and knowing you'd bug him if he didn't tell you.

"Well, do you know why we're out here?" You asked. "To save the universe", Lance replied. "Yes, but if we're saving the universe, doesn't that mean...we're also saving Earth?" You asked him. He peeked up at you question. A grin, his usual grin spread across his face. "Yeah. We are", he said. You smiled, watching him move. He swam between your legs and kissed you, pulling you into the pool.