Bonfire Night

"I still don't get it though. Like he tried to kill politicians and you celebrate him?" Hayley said still totally confused as we walked hand in hand towards the bonfire night celebrations in my local park. "Yeah but we celebrate him failing to kill people. At least I think we do. People make life sized models of him out of fabric and hay and stuff then burn him on the bonfire so yeah I take it we celebrate his failure. Others wise it would be kind of weird to celebrate him trying to blow up the Houses of Parliament." I said. "To be fair to to you, I don't think most people know the point of bonfire night. It's just an excuse to buy fireworks a month before New Years Eve and get drunk." Hayley giggled and kissed me on my very rosey cheek. "I'm so cold" she said huddling up in her coat and readjusting her scarf. I laughed and said "You have like 10 layers of clothing on and your still cold? This isn't even that cold yet for England. Just wait until another couple of weeks and it will be like minus ten."
"Your joking right?" she said not 100% sure whether to believe me or not. I just laughed and stopped in front of her making her stop too. I kissed her on the lips and rubbed my hands up and down her sides trying to get her warm. She kissed me back and we stood their for a minute in each others embrace until I pecked her on the nose, took her gloved hand in mine and carried on walking. "I promise you the cold will be worth it."
After another 10 or so minutes we finally reached our destination. We walked through the gates of the park following everyone else to the substantial group of people already forming a circle around the bonfire. As we got closer we could start to feel the heat coming from the flames. "About time. Some warmth!" Hayley yelled walking a little faster towards the source of the heat. I laughed as I was pulled towards the ever increasing group of people. We took our places among the many people and Hayley said "It's still so strange though isn't it. Like we are stood around a very large fire in a park for no reason other than some guy a really long time ago tried to blow up your parliament. Don't you think it's weird?" I just laughed and kissed her on the lips and pulled her into a tight hug. Suddenly there was a huge bang and the dark winter sky suddenly filled with colour and light. "Woah" Hayley said as she looked up at the sky with pure amazement in her eyes. "You didn't say there would be fireworks!!"
"Erm yes I did. That's the whole reason why we're here." I said giggling. She pecked me on the lips and then carried on watching the sky fill with all different shades of colour and patterns. We stayed there in our embrace watching the display with Hayley's head resting on my chest, her arms wrapped around my waist under my coat and my arms wrapped around her shoulders with my chin resting on the top of her head. It was perfect.
Once the firework display ended we strolled back to my apartment and struggled up in bed to watch a film. We were laid there with Hayley's arms around me with my head buried into her chest. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard "But don't you think it's weird. You celebrate a guy by setting him on fire!" I just giggled and kissed the back small patch of bare skin on her chest the was exposed by her pyjamas. "I love you so much y'know."