Valentines Day

Today was the 14th of February which meant it was Valentines Day. I've never really believed in the day because why can't you make your partner feel special everyday? Why do people go all out for just one day of the year, it just doesn't make sense? Even though I didn't agree with the day I still participated because why not? I had woken up really early to make Hayley breakfast and decorate the downstairs of our house. I had bought loads of small balloons, heart-shaped confetti and some large heart-shaped helium balloons too. Once I had finished preparing breakfast and laying it all out on the kitchen worktop in a buffet style, I quietly made my way up the stairs and laid a trail of confetti from the foot of the bed to the kitchen. I then made myself look slightly presentable by brushing my hair and applying a light touch of makeup. Then I waited.

Only about 10 minutes later I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. From around the corner Hayley appeared carrying the giant balloon that said 'I Love You' on it with a huge smile on her face. "What's all this?" she said gazing round the room at the balloons, confetti and banners that were decorating the kitchen. "Happy Valentines Day babe." I said walking over to her and pulling her into an embrace. "You didn't need to do all this." she told me pulling back from the hug and giving me a kiss on the lips. "Here, breakfast is served." I said gesturing with my arm to all the food laid out on the worktop. "Oh my God your crazy." she said looking at the slightly large buffet I made which would probably feed a family of 6. "I know. I went slightly overboard I think. Anyway, it doesn't matter it's Valentines Day." I said giggling.

After eating probably half our body weight in food, I took Hayley by the hand and lead her into the living room. "Oh my God! Are these for me?" she said referring to the pile of presents all wrapped up in red wrapping paper with red bows on the top. "Yeah." I said "Again, I think I went a little overboard."
"You think?" Hayley said looking down in amazement at the stack of boxes in front of her. "Thank you baby." she said honestly and turned around to face me and wrapped her arms around my neck then kissed me slowly and passionately on the lips. She then placed her hands under my thighs and lifted me up. She walked us over to the sofa and sat down so I was straddling her lap. We never broke our kiss until Hayley pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "I love you so much y'know."
"I know you do. I love you too." I replied and kissed her again. "You didn't have to do all this. You didn't have to do anything at all really."
"I know but I just wanted you to feel special and show you how much I care about you. Plus, it would be pretty bad if I didn't do anything for you on Valentines Day." I giggled. "You make me feel special everyday. And I do know how much you love me. You tell me like a million times a day." Hayley said laughing. "Sorry." I said. "What are you sorry for? I like it." she said connecting our lips again. I deepened the kiss and placed my hands on either side of Hayleys face while her hands travelled up and down my sides. Her hands finally settled on the hem of my oversized band shirt and she began to pull it up my torso and I could feel the slightly cold February air on my sides which caused goosebumps to appear. We only broke contact for a second which was long enough for the shirt to pass over my head and when it did, Hayley threw it on the floor beside us. Her hands instantly returned to my sides and began exploring my now bare abdomen. Her hands were just the right temperature and I could feel her nails slightly scratch my back and she moaned into our kiss and rocked her hips gently towards me then away again. "I love you." I said pulling away from Hayleys lips and sitting back on her lap. "I love you too." she replied with a huge grin covering her slightly blushed face as she looked up at me. "Happy Valentines Day baby." I said and resumed our kiss.