Starbucks

Don't get me wrong, I love working at Starbucks. You get staff discount which means I don't have to spend my entire wage on my slightly unhealthy coffee addiction but, the job is kind of monotonous. You just ask for peoples orders, pick up the correspondingly sized cup, write their names on it and pass it down to the line of baristas. It's the same thing over and over again for the entirety of my shift. However, it does cover the bills and that's what matters I suppose.
It was Monday and my shift was going as usual. The mid-morning rush had started to die down and the shop wasn't its usual bustling self. Most of the baristas has gone for their break before the rush of lunch time so, I was the only one behind the counter. I was wiping down the surfaces which the coffee machines stood when I heard a soft voice say "excuse me". I looked up from my cleaning and stopped when I saw the most beautiful women stood in front of the till waiting to be served. I smiled and felt my cheeks start to flush. I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose and ran a hand through my hair. "Hey, sorry about that. What can I get you?" I asked attentively. "Venti latte please" she asked and for the millionth time that morning picked up the corresponding cup and said "Can I take a name please?". "Hayley" she said and I wrote it on the cup. "That's a lovely name" I said then internally cringed as soon as it came out of my mouth. Who even says that? Is that your best chat up line? Jesus. She giggled and slightly blushed as she said thank you. "What's yours?" She said. "Oh, erm Y/N" I said not really prepared for the question. "That's a really cute name too by the way. So, how long have you been working here?" she asked. "Oh not that long actually, I only started a two weeks ago. I've only just moved here." I replied, blushing slightly at her complement. "Where did you move from?" She asked. "I'm from England originally. I came here on holiday when I was younger and just fell in love with the place. It's a lot bigger and busier than the village I grew up in so I'm still trying to get my head around it and settle in."
"I can show you around if you want" Hayley replied eagerly "I mean if you want too, if your not to busy. You probably are busy, it doesn't matter." I giggled at her mumbling and replied "Yeah I'd love you to show me around sometime." I said honestly. I really needed some friends and Hayley was stunning which was a huge bonus too. "Great!" she said a little too enthusiastically and started to write something on a napkin. I continued to make her coffee as she did this. "Here, my phone number" she said handing my the napkin which her phone number was written on with a kiss underneath it. I smiled. Our fingers touched slightly under the napkin and our hands lingered a little longer than they should have done in that moment. When we broke contact we giggled slightly and looked down to break the eye contact we had help with each other. "So" I said filling the silence that had now occurred between us "I'll text you?"
"Erm, yeah, sure, yes" she said and picked up her coffee. "Have a nice day" I shouted as she walked towards the door. "You too!" she replied and waved as she exited the shop and walked past the window and out of site. I leaned on the counter behind me and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. After a few minutes of daydreaming I realised I hadn't charged her for the coffee. I giggled to myself and pulled out my phone out of my jeans pocket. I typed in Hayley's number and wrote;

Me: This is the Starbucks police and we are notifying you that you will be banned from all coffee establishments as you did not pay for your venti latte.

30 seconds later.

Hayley ☕️: SHIT!! OMFG Y/N I HONESTLY FORGOT. IM SO SORRY!! WILL YOU GET IN TROUBLE??

Me: It's fine but you owe me one 😉