Sick Day

Slowly I was awoken by the muffled sound of sneezing. I gently opened my eyes, trying to adjust them to the ray of sunlight that was creeping through the gap in the curtains and filling the room with light. As my vision began to focus, I was met with a pale faced, red nosed but still smiling Hayley. "Morning" she said in a husky, almost cracking voice. "Morning" I replied stretching my arms out above my head then sitting up to rest my back on the headboard behind me. "Are you okay?" I asked even though I already knew the answer by glancing around the room seeing the pile of used tissues that covered the bed and had started to spread to the floor. Hayley just groaned in response and rested her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her gently on the forehead. "Don't kiss me I'm infected" she said just loud enough for me to hear her. I giggled then bent down slightly to kiss her lips which earned a small smile from Hayley. We laid there for a while under the duvet in a comfortable silence which was broken every few seconds by Hayley either sneezing, coughing or blowing her nose. After a while I asked "Do you want any breakfast?". Hayley shook her head in response and tightened her grip around me. "Are you sure? You might feel better after some food or a drink." Her answer remained the same. "How about we watch a film? Your choice." This gained a more positive response as she nodded her head and said "Mulan?" while a small playful smirk appeared on her lips. We must have watched this film billions of times and Hayley knew I couldn't stand it anymore. "Fine." I said trying to sound annoyed but the smile that she had on her face could never make me angry. I pecked her lips as I unraveled myself from her embrace. I got up and passed her the TV remote as I put the DVD in the DVD player. "Don't start without me, I'll be back in a second." I jogged downstairs and put some popcorn in the microwave. About 5 minutes later I entered our bedroom to the sound of Hayley laughing. I placed a tray next to her which contained a bowl of popcorn, cold and flu medicine, a box of tissues and a cup of tea. "My get well soon package." I said proudly while presenting the tray and it's contents which I luckily found laying around Hayley's apartment. She giggled and replied with a very husky "thanks." I got back under the duvet and within milliseconds, Hayley had her arms back around my waist and her head resting on my chest. I delicately placed a series of light kisses to the top of her head before the film started. We spent the rest of the day cuddled up in bed watching Disney films as Hayley slipped in and out of sleep until she finally fell asleep completely at 6pm and woke again the next morning almost recovered and back to her normal energetic self.