New Apartment

Today was the day we were moving into our first apartment together. I stumbled up the flight of stairs towards the door carrying what felt like the heaviest box in the world. Reaching the top, I set it on the floor and waited for Hayley. I held the key in my hand and when Hayley reached the top, we placed the key in the lock. "You ready?" I asked feeling slightly nervous but I was mostly excited to start this new chapter of our lives. "Yeah, well as ready as I'll ever be." She said then placed a small kiss on my lips. We turned the key together and opened the door to our new home. We had seen it many times online and in real life but seeing it for the first time knowing it was all ours felt really surreal. We both squealed slightly as the door opened and we walked into our apartment. "Well... welcome home." I said looking around the empty room and then at Hayley. We couldn't wipe the huge grins off our faces as we stood there in the middle of the room and looked around at our new home.
We then spent the rest of the day hauling boxes up the stairs to the apartment and setting things up. It was kinda hard to unpack as we didn't really have any furniture apart from the kitchen cabinets so most of our stuff stayed in boxes. We stopped at around 8pm to order take-out since we hadn't had time to go shopping for food. We sat down on our mattress we had slightly discarded and left in the middle of the empty apartment room that was only occupied by the stacks of boxes piled up around perimeter. "I love you." I said grinning at Hayley who was sat opposite me. "I know, I love you too." She said, her smile beaming back at me. "I can't believe we've actually done it. We bought our very own apartment together!"
"I know! It feels so surreal." I crawled over to Hayley and kissed her passionately on the lips to which she reciprocated. "I love you so much." I said breaking the kiss to lean back and look at her. "I love you too. I'm so lucky to have you." She said holding my hands in hers. "I know, I'm lucky to have me too." Hayley just giggled and slapped the back of my hand. We laid down on the mattress and snuggled up together under the duvet. "I mean it though, I am really lucky to have you."
"I know. I'm so glad we found each other." I said snuggling my face further into her neck and placing a delicate kiss there. "I love you."