One Week Later...

The Doctor walks into my room and he has a smile on his face. "Good morning, Chloe. I have some good news for you."

I sit up in the bed and smile. "I get to go home?"

"Yes, you do." He places the paperwork on the table. "I just spoke to Paige's Doctor and she said that Paige is also ready to go home."

Jai picks up our daughter and he says. "Are you ready to go home with Mommy and I? We're going to take you home in a car and then we'll put you in your bed. You have your own bedroom. We're you'll be sleeping."

"Thank you, Doctor." I go through the paper work and I sign it. "Jai, can you take this to the nurses station?"

"Sure," he takes the papers from me and he walks out with Paige.

I climb out of bed and walk over to the bathroom.

I'm scared to take Paige home. What if I drop her? What if I'm a bad Mom?

Everything was so much easier at the hospital. I may have had the nurses helping me out if I did something wrong, but now I won't have anyone.

Mom, I need you today.

I hold onto the sink as I let the tears fall down my face. I feel my chest start to tighten and it's hard for me to breath. I sit down on the ground.

There's a knock on the bathroom door, followed by a female saying. "Chloe, are you alright?" I recognise the voice of Veronica.

"Veronica,"

Veronica opens the door and walks in. She sees me on the floor and she pulls me into her arms. "Oh, Chloe." She soothes me by rocking back and forth. "Do you want me to stay with you for a week? Or until you get used to having Paige around?"

I nod. "Mom, was supposed to be around for this. She was the one I was going to go to for help, but she's not here to help with her first Grandchild. I miss her, more now that I'm a mother myself."

Veronica kisses my forehead. "No one can take over the role of you're mother, but I would like to be the person you call upon of you need any help or if you're feeling overwhelmed."

Jai looks at his mother and I on the floor. "I changed Paige. She ready to go. We're waiting for you, Chloe."

I rise and walk out of the bathroom. I pack my stuff into the duffel bag and put it over my shoulder.

I'm ready to go home.

"Jai, Veronica is coming home with us. She'll be staying for a short time."

A smile spreads across his face. "You did the same with Charlotte."

"I did. Charlotte was scared for the first few days, so I thought I'd help out. We managed to put Jarryd on a feeding schedule and sleep schedule. It went well for him." She looks at Paige. "I'm not sure if that schedule will work for Paige. As she is small."

When Paige was born she weighed 4 pounds and the clothes that I bought her were too big. So, during the week Veronica came by with some clothes that her friends had knit for their granddaughters. When they found out about my daughter they started knitting smaller outfits for her. The dresses have been cute.

One of Veronica's friends ended up making eight jumpsuits. The colour of each jumpsuit varies. One is yellow, pink, lavender, red, white, orange, black and blue.

Today she's wearing the yellow one.

Jai has been a lot of help when it comes to Paige. He won't let me do much since I still have the stitches in from the c section that his mother gave me.