Chemo

At 9am, I am woken by Aleysa as she's taken to get chemo. She told me to stay in bed a bit longer and to join to her after I've had breakfast. I pull my phone off the nightstand and check for any messages. I see three messages from Jai and I look at it.

Jai: Sorry, about last night. Those guys weren't supposed to be in a club.

Jai: I hope you got back to the hospital safely.

Jai: Goodnight, Chloe. I will see you tomorrow.

I quickly reply to his message.

Me: Hey, Jai. I got back safely, but I fell asleep before seeing these message. You don't have to come to the hospital.

I send the message and a couple seconds later I receive one from him.

Jai: Too late. I'm already here. Meet me in the cafeteria. I'm getting a coffee.

Me: I'll be down in ten. I need to get changed and then get some breakfast.

Jai: I'll order it for you. What do you want?

Me: Hot chocolate, bacon and egg muffin and orange juice.

Jai: I'm on it. See you soon.

Me: Yes, you will. :)

I walk into the bathroom and get changed into a pair of ripped jeans and a short sleeved t-shirt that says "Hot Mess!"

This shirt describes the way I'm feeling right at this moment.

I grab my bag and head down to the cafeteria. I see Jai sitting at a table alone and he looks around the room checking to see if I've missed him.

I don't know how how anyone could miss a guy like Jai in a room full of doctors and nurses in scrubs buying coffee and having snacks.

I walk into the cafeteria and make my way over to Jai.

He stands up. "Good morning, Chloe."

"Morning." I take the seat across from him and shake the bottle of orange juice. "How much do I owe you for breakfast?"

"Nothing, it's on me." He pushes his chair into the table and grabs his coffee cup. "How's Aleysa feeling?"

I look into his chocolate brown eyes and say. "She was fine the last time I saw her, but now she's getting the chemo anything could be happening."

"Why aren't you with her?"

"She told me to get some rest and that I can see her later. I'm going to have breakfast and then check on her."

"Do you want me to stay around the hospital for a bit?" Jai asks.

"I'm sure there's heaps of stuff you need to do other than staying here at the hospital, waiting to find out how my sisters doing."

He places his hand on top of mine. "Everything can wait until later. Do you know when Aleysa's moving to the private suite?"

"I'm not sure when that's supposed to happen, Jai. For now Aleysa is happy with the room she's in with the other girl." I take a bit of the bacon and egg muffin. I start chewing it and it tastes weird that I spit the food in the napkin.

Jai looks at me. "Doesn't that taste good?"

"No, the egg is too hard for my liking and the bacon isn't cooked properly. I should start eating breakfast out all the time instead of eating the food from the cafeteria. I keep wasting a lot of it." I take a drink of the orange juice and swallow it to get rid of the taste. "Thanks, for breakfast, Jai. I'm going to check on Aleysa."