Family Gathering Part III

I walk over to her and kiss her cheek. "I will be back soon with a bottle of water. You need to stay hydrated."

"Okay, Mommy." She mumbles before closing her eyes.

"Jai, I should have stayed home." Tears begin to fall down my face.

***

Jai holds my hand he takes me down the hall he opens the door to the room and I step inside. The room is full of trophies and the places that are free from the trophies are filled with posters of Jai.

This is the room he wanted to show me.

There's a picture of him half naked holding a football. "This is the picture you were telling me about?"

He smiles. "Yeah, it is."

There's a knock on the door and it opens. Nate looks at me. "How's Aleysa?"

"She's asleep. Can you get a bottle of water and put it in the room for her?" I ask him.

Nate looks around the room before saying. "Sure," he picks up one of Jai's trophies. "I love this room. I used to have a room like this at my parents place." He looks away. "Now, all my stuff is left in storage. We couldn't bring a lot of things to the apartment that Chloe got." He walks over to the door. "I'm going to get Aleysa's water." He walks out of the room.

I wish I had an extra room for his stuff. But I bought what I could afford with the money from Mom and Dad's place.

Jai wraps his arms around me. "At my place he can have a room for his trophies as well as his own bedroom."

"Are you sure you want us to move in with you?"

He nods. "My place has better security than yours. Besides, the paparazzi have easy access to yours. At mine there will be harder access as I have a security team and no one is allowed in without my instructions."

"We better get back to the party. I don't want your mother to think we're trying for a baby."

Jai laughs. "That doesn't sound so bad. I would be happy to be a father with our child."

I smile. "I don't want to be a mother just yet. Besides, you haven't taken me on a date yet or given me a proper kiss." I nudge him.

He takes my hand and we walk to the dining room. Veronica looks up when we enter the kitchen. She walks over to me. "How is she?"

I look at the ground and tears begin to fall down my face. "There's something I need to tell you about her, Veronica."

Jai squeezes my hand letting me know that he's here for me. I look  her and say. "Aleysa, has cancer."

She pulls me into her arms and she begins to cry. When she recovers she looks at me. "Where are your parents?"

Nate walks into the room at that moment and says. "They were murdered a couple months ago. Chloe is our Guardian, now." He takes a step forward. "She's done the best she can for us. But meeting Jai was the best thing that she did for us."

Veronica smiles. "I tried to raise my kids to respect everyone it's a shame that one of my son's doesn't respect a thing. I should never have helped him out all the times I did. I thought people were lying about him. When he tried to strike you, Chloe. I knew it was the truth. She was lucky that Jai saw the whole thing and stopped him before it went too far."