Hair Cut

I walk into the cancer ward and make my way over to where Jai and Aleysa are sitting. I see them laughing at something on the phone.

Jai looks at me. "Why aren't you upstairs eating in the cafeteria?"

I walk over to him and show him the phone. "This guy gave me the creeps while I was up there. He just pulled out the chair across from me and started to talk to me. I didn't feel comfortable up there after that."

He takes the phone from me. He looks at the picture. "Damn it." Jai rises. "I will take care of this." He walks away.

Does he know who the guy is?

I take a seat and look at the clear bag hanging on the metal pole. The clear liquid in the bag is nearly gone.

Kathy walks over. She looks at the bag. "It looks like you'll be able to leave soon. I will check back on you in fifteen minutes."

I open the bag of chips and offer some to Aleysa.

She takes some chips from the bag and places it into her mouth. "Is Jai coming back?"

I touch her hand. "I'm sure he will be back after he sorts out the guy I met in the cafeteria."

 I pull the car in front of the mansion

I pull the car in front of the mansion. I climb out of the car and open the door for Aleysa. I help her out of the car and slam the door shut.

Jai runs over to her and he lifts her up. "Where am I taking you?"

"To the kitchen." She looks at me. "Chloe, is giving me a haircut."

He turns towards me and mouths. "Really?"

I nod.

"Off to the kitchen we go." He carries her into the house.

When I get to the kitchen I see a shaver and a pair of scissors on the counter. I pick up the scissors and start cutting Aleysa's hair.

She looks at the hair on the ground, "I'm going to miss my hair, Chloe."

I stop cutting and I swing the chair towards me. "I can stop cutting if you want me to? If you do, I can even your hair out and call it a day?"

Aleysa shakes her head. "My hair is going to fall out anyway. I'd rather lose it this way than it gradually coming out. Can you please keep cutting it?"

I pick up the scissors and cut it some more. I put the scissors down and then I pick up the shaver. I put it at the top of her head and I begin to shave it.

Nate walks into the kitchen when I'm halfway done with her hair and he screams. "What are you doing, Chloe?"

I turn towards him with the shaver in my hand. "I'm giving my sister a haircut. She asked for one and I'm giving it to her."