Farewell, Aleysa

Nate hasn't spoken to me since the article came out four days ago and I miss my brother talking to me. I walk into Aleysa's room and look at the pamphlet of Camp Tranquility one last time.

This place might be what I need right now. I need to get away from everything happening in Los Angeles.

Jai walks into the room and he sits next to me. "The limo is here. My family and I want to ride with you to the funeral home."

"I was thinking that I would drive myself. I don't want to be near Nate right now. Can you please take care of him?"

Jai rises. "I will." He walks out of the room.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and I give Camp Tranquility a call.

Voice: Hello, this is Missy.

Me: Hi, I am calling because I was given this brochure after my sister died. I was wondering if I could be there tomorrow?

Missy: Sure, what's your name.

Me: Chloe Knight.

Missy: Thank you for calling. We will see you tomorrow, Chloe.

I hang up the phone and walk to Jai and my bedroom. I pack a duffel bag and my mother's diary. I put in the laptop that Jai brought me recently.

There's a notepad on the night stand and I pick up a pen and start writing a letter to Jai and letting him know where I'm going.

I know he's not going to be happy with me just taking off, but I hope he respects my decision.

I need to get going to the funeral.

I pick up the duffel bag and walk to the front door. I lock it before walking to the car.

A few reporters block my way and they yell things at me.

I try to ignore everything they say, but it becomes too much when they flock you. "Excuse me. I need to get to my car." I open the backseat and throw the duffel bag in the back. I climb into the driver's seat and reverse the car.

If I thought my house was a mad house with the reporters my sisters funeral is a lot worse

If I thought my house was a mad house with the reporters my sisters funeral is a lot worse. There's different cars parked in the street and when I park the car they surround the car.

How am I supposed to get out of the car with all these people around me?

My phone starts ringing and I look at the caller ID and see 'Jai's' name flash across the phone. I put the phone on loudspeaker.

Me: Hey, Jai.

Jai: I sent a few guys over to help you.

Me: Thank you.

I put the phone back in my handbag and step out of the car once the crowd has been pulled away from the car.