Day with Nate and Aleysa

"Chloe," I hear Nate call. "We need to go to school and drop off my assignment."

I pull the blanket off me. "Give me five minutes and I'll get out of bed."

Nate walks into my room and he pulls the blinds across and the sun shines into my room. "No, now get out of bed. We have a busy ahead of us, sis." He walks to the door. "You need to buy ink the printer we're running out."

I pull my phone off the nightstand and see that it's fully charged. "Okay, can you take the ink cartridges out of the machine and put them in an envelope?I'll get them refilled and buy some extra so we're not running to the store to get them filled all the time."

"It's done, Chloe. I've also put the envelope next to your bag so we don't forget it."

"Thanks," I run a brush through my hair, before heading to the kitchen and grabbing a banana from the fruit bowl.

Nate looks at me. "Is that all you're having for breakfast?"

"Yeah, do you have a problem with that?"

He picks up the toast that has scrambles eggs on it. "You should be eating something like this, Chloe."

I laugh. "I've been without good breakfast for years. I couldn't buy all the good foods because I couldn't afford it. I stick with cheap food and they were still good for me."

He pushes a slice of toast with eggs over to me. "You can have this one. I'm full."

I scrunch my nose at the eggs. "No, thanks. Just looking at makes me want to puke, besides I haven't had eggs since the day I left for college."

He keeps going on about the toast and I start to get sick of it.

I slam my hand on the table. "Nate, enough talking about you're damn breakfast. Either eat it or throw it in the bin."

He shuts his mouth and puts it in his mouth.

I knew he wouldn't throw it out.

I pull the car into the parking lot of the hospital and I look up at the building

I pull the car into the parking lot of the hospital and I look up at the building. "Aleysa's going to love making her own crown." Looking at Nate I say. "You'll be making one as well. You'll be the prince of course. While Aleysa and I are the princesses."

Nate shakes his head. "Do I have to?" He moans.

"Yes, I let you have the day off so you could spend time with Aleysa during the day. She misses you, Nate."

He sighs. "I'm sorry for being difficult, Chloe. I just hate seeing Aleysa in the hospital again. It took a toll on us all last time, but it would have been easier if Mom and Dad called you."

I place my hand on his arm. "Why didn't you call me, Nate?"

He looks out the window. "I did, but you weren't home a lot of the time and I thought that you never listened to the messages."