Valentine's Date (part 2)

Veronica's POV
I put the finishing touches on my makeup and I back up and look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a red spaghetti strapped dress with lace paired with black heels. (A/n I'm adding a picture because I'm terrible at describing clothes)

There's a knock at the front door and I walk out of my closet through my room and into the living room

There's a knock at the front door and I walk out of my closet through my room and into the living room. I walk to the door and pull it open, revealing Archie in a suit and tie. I smile "hello handsome" I say. He looks at my dress but doesn't say anything. He looks back up at me and I narrow my eyes at him "Archie?" I ask with a laugh. "You look... wow" he says. I smile "thank you, you look pretty wow yourself" I say while opening my arms for a hug. He smiles and wraps his arms around my waist and squeezes me tightly. "I want to give you your gift now" he says when I pull out of the hug. "Okay I'll go grab yours" I say taking his hand and walking into my room. He sits down on my ottoman and I go into my desk drawer to grab Archie's gift. I sit down across from him and he sets my gift in front of me "you open yours first" he says. I smile and pick up the small box and rip the paper off. I open the box and it reveals a pair of beautiful diamond earrings. I gasp "Archie... these were probably insanely expensive" I say while running my finger over them. "You didn't have to" I say shaking my head. "I know. But I wanted to. Put them on" he says. I smile and kiss him quickly before taking the earrings out of the box and going over to my mirror. I put them both in and stand back "they're beautiful, Archie. Thank you" I say leaning down to kiss him. "I'm glad you like them" he says smiling at me. "Your turn. Open it" I say while handing him his gift. He starts to rip the paper off and he opens up the gift box, revealing a custom leather notebook. "Ronnie this is great" he says running his hands over the leather. "Your songs are too good to be on yellow notebook paper" I say while rubbing his back. He smiles "thank you, I love it. And you" he says. I smile "I love you too" I say leaning in to kiss him. His hand cups my cheek, deepening the kiss. "I hate to end this, like I really hate it, but we're going to be late" he says while stopping our kiss. "Where will we be late to exactly?" I ask, trying to pry information out of him. He smirks at me and stands up, putting his hand out for me to take "You'll find out faster if we leave" he says. I stand up and take his hand, "lets go."

Archie's POV
As I drive down the street I turn to look at Veronica who is looking out the window. Hey There Delilah comes on the radio and I go to change it when Veronica grabs a hold of my hand "Don't, I love this song" she says. I smile and link my fingers with hers. She starts to hum along with the tune until the lyrics start and she starts to sing along "Hey there, Delilah. What's it like in New York City? I'm a thousand miles away but girl, tonight you look so pretty, yes you do. Times Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true" I keep my eyes on the road but I can't help but smile at her beautiful voice singing along to the song. "Hey there, Delilah don't you worry about the distance I'm right there if you get lonely give this song another listen, close your eyes. Listen to my voice, it's my disguise, I'm by your side" she continues softly and then she looks at me noticing that I'm smiling at her. "What?" She asks while blushing a bit. I shrug "nothing. Keep singing" I say, urging her to keep going. "Hey there, Delilah I know times are getting hard but just believe me, girl someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar we'll have it good, we'll have the life we knew we would, my word is good" she continues. I join in "Hey there, Delilah I've got so much left to say if every simple song I wrote to you would take your breath away I'd write it all, even more in love with me you'd fall, we'd have it all" we sing. I look over at her again and she's looking out the window "A thousand miles seems pretty far but they've got planes and trains and cars I'd walk to you if I had no other way. Our friends would all make fun of us and we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way. Delilah, I can promise you that by the time that we get through the world will never ever be the same and you're to blame" she keeps singing. Sadly I can't hear her finish the song because we pull into the parking lot of the restaurant. "Archie this place is-" she starts but I cut her off. "Expensive. I know" I say cutting her off. She glares at me "I don't want you spending this much on a date. We've talked about this before" she says. I nod my head "yes and I've listened. There's an exception for Valentine's Day. I'm just showing you how much I love you, will you let me do that or do you want to sit in the car and argue?" I ask. She smirks at me "fine. Let's go inside"

"Dessert?" I ask Veronica after they take our dinner plates away. "No I am full" she says shaking her head. "Okay. How about we order cheesecake to go so we can eat it later? We do have all night and all morning tomorrow" I say with a wink. She laughs "make it the chocolate mousse cheesecake and we have a deal" she says. I smile and wave our waiter to the table.

"I'll put this in your fridge" I say when we walk into her house. She takes her jacket off and sits down on the couch, waiting for me to come back. I sink into the couch next to her and undo my tie, tossing it next to me. Suddenly Ronnie turns my face to hers and leans in and kisses me. Starting soft but as we go on we get more passionate, her hands on my face and mine on her waist. She pulls away but keeps her forehead on mine "thank you for today, Archie" she says, pulling back so she can look at me. I shrug "It was nothing-" I start, but she interjects. "But it wasn't. You are the sweetest guy I've ever met, and I don't know what I did to deserve you" she says shaking her head. I shrug my shoulders "you know I ask myself that same question every time I see you" I say. She takes a deep breath "I love you" she says smiling softly. I smile back at her and say "I love you too, Valentine."

Hope you all like this! Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day yesterday, or for anyone like me I hope you enjoyed the discount chocolate that went unsold for Valentine's Day 😂