Date Night

Veronica's POV
I'm lying on my bed reading my book for school when my phone dings, signaling that I have a text. I close the book and sit up to grab my phone, I smile when I see it's from Archie:

A: Date tonight?
V: Depends on what you have planned
A: That's a surprise, you're just going to have to trust me. You in?
V: Most definitely
A: I'll pick you up around 7.

I smile at my phone and check the time, 1:30. I groan and roll over on my back. What am I supposed to do till 7.

Archie's POV
I put my phone down and I sort out plans for tonight. I walk down my stairs and into my kitchen, where my dad is sitting at the island. "Can I use the truck tonight? Around 7" I ask leaning on the counter. "Sure son. Date with Veronica?" He asks. "Thanks dad. And yeah" I say with a smile. He looks at me and puts the paper down "I've never seen you like this over a girl" he says with a smirk. "Yeah well I've never been like this over a girl" I say looking down. "You okay?" He asks furrowing his brows. "Yeah... just... what about after High School? I love her dad, but she's probably gonna go to some Ivy League school and I don't see that for me" I say running my hand through my hair. "Talk to her. You guys may be young but you're serious, there's a lot to consider." My dad says. I nod "thanks dad. I have to shower" I say heading up stairs. He's right I have to talk to Ronnie.

Veronica's POV
I step out of the shower and check the time, probably for the millionth time. 3:30, Okay time is at least moving. I groan and put on my bra and underwear. I put a robe on over so I can blow dry my hair and start to get ready.

Hours later
When I'm finished getting ready I'm wearing black high rise jeans with a long sleeved maroon shirt. I check my phone and it's 7:00 on the dot and I smile to myself and pull on my heeled boots, Archie is so tall I always have to wear heels around him. I hear a knock at the door and I stand from the ottoman in my room and I walk to the front door to pull it open. "Hey there" I say smiling. "Hello Love" he says before enveloping me in a hug. Despite my heels I still stand on my tiptoes to wrap my arms around his shoulders as he wraps his arms around my waist in a tight hug. "Hmm I missed you" he says pulling away. "I just saw you yesterday" I say laughing. "Shut up and let me be sweet" he says. I laugh "let me just grab my coat and we can go" I say walking into my room to grab my jacket. I walk back out and smile at him and say "okay. All ready."

We're sitting in Archie's truck driving to a location that is entirely unknown to me. "At least a hint" I say smiling at him. He looks over at me and laughs. "you're enjoying this aren't you? Torturing me is fun for you" I say leaning closer. "Kind of" he says with a smirk. I groan and lean my head on his shoulder. "Can you at least tell me when we'll be there" I ask. He keeps his eyes on the road and shakes his head "Veronica I love you, but you need to be quiet" he says laughing. I roll my eyes and sit up. I lean in a kiss his cheek lightly, then I kiss his jaw, then I lean in more to kiss his neck, "I know what you're doing, it's not gonna work. It'll just make us get there later" he says taking a hand off the wheel and placing it on my thigh. I smile and quickly kiss his cheek again before lying my head back on his shoulder. I finally admit defeat and say "fine"

"We're here" Archie says after backing the truck up to a mountain overlooking the whole town. I hop out and go to look over the mountain, "wow" I say totally speechless. I hear Archie opening the truck bed and I turn around. There are pillows and blankets inside the bed along with milkshakes and food from Pops. "Oh wait, one more thing" he says going into the truck and a second later lights that were strung up along the truck turn on, "oh my god" I say walking over to the truck. "Trust me I had help, remind me to thank Betty" he says laughing. I turn to him and hold his face in my hands "this the sweetest thing anyone has done for me, thank you" I say smiling. "This is nothing" he says "there's nothing I wouldn't do for you" he finishes, leaning in to kiss me. I kiss back, but this kiss is small and sweet. "I'm starving" he says after pulling away. "Please tell me you got-" I start, but Archie interrupts "two burgers, one order of fries and one order of onion rings to split, and two double chocolate milkshakes" he says while hopping into the truck bed and then helping me up. I smile at him and sit down on top of the soft blankets, "you're amazing" I say taking the bag from him. "I know" he says smirking and kissing my cheek.

We finished our food and now we're lying down looking at the sky. My head is on his chest and I can hear his heart beating steadily, "that one looks like a blob of random stars" he says pointing at the constellations, "no!" I say laughing at him "that's literally the most basic one, it's the Big Dipper" he laughs with me. I sigh and pull him closer to me. "You okay" he asks rubbing my back. "Yeah... I just never want this to end" I say looking at the lights of town, which is probably all asleep by now considering that it's 12:30. "Well this can be our spot, we can come here once a month. Once a week, whenever you want" he says softly. "I know. But I mean us, Archie" I say sitting up to look at him. "When I first came to Riverdale I told myself that I wasn't going to make strong connections. I'd just get through it and then move back to New York" I say looking back at the town. "And now?" He asks, sitting up too and putting his hand on my cheek making me face him. "You foiled my plan" I say. "That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about Ronnie" he says giving me a small smile. "New York sounds nice" he continues, smiling wider. "Me and you in New York?" I ask smiling back at him. "Yeah. I can't lose you" he says quietly. I pull him close and kiss him and he kisses me back, putting his hands in my hair. "Please don't tell your dad that we're basically engaged to be engaged" he says, "he'd probably kill me" he finishes while laughing. I put my head back and I laugh "oh he'd definitely kill you."

Hope you guys like this!