Six Degrees of Separation

This is how Archie felt after Veronica broke up with him in 2x08. This is kind of short, sorry!

Based on the song "Six Degrees of Separation" by The Script

Archie's POV

First, you think the worst is a broken heart

Ronnie and I have been broken up for 3 days, the worst has to be over. I've spent the time since she broke up with me wallowing in self pity, not talking to anyone and not even leaving my house. I'm heartbroken but I'm sure there's no possible way in feeling any worse.

What's gonna kill you is the second part

I haven't seen Veronica since that night at FP's retirement party when she told me she couldn't go there with me, she couldn't tell me that she loves me. Loved. I'm walking in school, hoping that she's not at her locker when I turn the corner. I turn and the first thing I see is her raven black hair, she's facing inside her locker. She looks up to the mirror on her locker door and our eyes lock, my heart breaks all over again.

And the third is when your world splits down the middle

It's like the second I see her eyes, when I used to see my future, all I can see now is our past. The closet. Empty biology rooms. My couch after Jughead's party. Her room after the Jubilee. Late night phone calls. 4am dates at Pops. It's all in the past, it'll never happen again. The second I realize that I may never feel that happy again, my world comes to a stop. I pull my eyes from Ronnie's and start walking down the hall again.

And fourth, you're gonna think that you fixed yourself

Later that day in the locker room after practice I'm pretending that I didn't just get my heart ripped from my chest 3 days ago. "Dude I heard about you and Veronica, you okay?" Reggie asks me quietly, so the other guys don't hear. I nod "yeah man. I'm good" I say. "Yeah that's it Andrews, she may be hot but there are more fish in the sea. Especially for you" he says clapping me on the shoulder. 'He's right' I think to myself 'I'm fine.' I repeat that to myself until I believe it.

Fifth, you see them out with someone else

My head is down focusing on my laptop at Pops when I hear a familiar laugh from across the diner. My head shoots up and I glance in the direction it came from and I see Veronica. She looks beautiful, but she's not alone. In the both with her is Josie and Reggie but I'm still jealous, Reggie will still be shamelessly flirting with Veronica even if Josie is there. I've been repeating 'I'm fine' over and over inside my head all day, but I'm lying. Knowing that someone else, especially Reggie, can make her laugh with that beautiful laugh breaks my heart all over again. I was wrong, I'm not fine.

And the sixth is when you admit you may have fucked up a little

I'm lying in bed staring at the ceiling trying to think of where we went wrong. Was it saying I love you in the first place? No she needed to know. Within seconds I feel like the biggest idiot alive, I pushed her. At the whyte wyrm I pushed Ronnie to say that she loves me even though I knew she wasn't ready. I sigh and rub my face with my hands. I really screwed this up, there's no way I'll ever get a second chance.

Okay I really don't know what this is. But if you guys like it I can do these every now and then if you suggest songs,
Lmk how you feel 💕 THANK YOU ALL FOR 7K!!!!