5 year reunion (part 4)

Archie's POV
The next day

I'm walking out of my dads house with my Nanna's ring, soon to be Ronnie's ring, burning a hole in my pocket. I need to ask her, I just don't know how. I climb inside my truck and my thoughts get interrupted by my phone ringing. I pull my phone out of my pocket and I see Veronica's picture and I smile. I press answer:
A: hello
V: Hey. You almost here, we have to go over some stuff about the big move: take 2
A: that's the official name for it?
V: yes. It's catchy, so shut it. Anyway you leaving your dads
A: yep. I'll be there in 10.
V: looking forward to it
A: Love you
V: Love you too

10 minutes later I pull into the parking area of the Pembrooke and hop out of the car. I still fiddle with the ring box in my coat pocket. Should I do it today? Should I throw a party? I try to push the thoughts aside and focus on moving to New York with Veronica. The elevator doors open on Ronnie's floor and I pull out the key she gave me and open the door. "Ronnie" I shout quietly. She comes out of her room and smiles at me. "Archie" she says as she gives me a hug. I hug her back and breathe her in, she smells like lavender. "I've missed you" I say while kissing her on the head. "It's been 14 hours, babe" she says backing out of the hug. "Yeah well that was a long 14 hours" I correct her. She laughs and pulls me over to the couch. "So we need to talk about the apartment. We could just move you into mine- and make it ours. Or we could find a new one. Or a house" she says. "Are you still living in the apartment we chose together before" I ask curiously. "Oh no I sold that a month after I moved. It was ours so it just felt... weird I guess" she says awkwardly. "Sorry I shouldn't have-" I start. "No it's fine, you get to ask. This is gonna be your home now too" she says smiling and kissing my cheek. "How about I just move into your apartment. We can move later if necessary" I say while looking at the photos of her apartment. "I can't believe we're actually doing this" she says laughing. "Well believe it because it's happening. Tomorrow"
I say kissing her cheek. "We can't do all of that tomorrow. I'll do my meetings via FaceTime and we'll stay here and move on Saturday" she says checking her schedule on her phone. "Whatever works for you Miss. CEO" I say smiling. She rolls her eyes and laughs. "Hey lets go to Pops tonight" I say out of the blue. "Oh okay. We can do that" she says nodding. I'm gonna do it tonight, right where we first met.

"Ronnie you ready" I shout from the living room. "Yes. Calm down, it takes time to look this good" she yells back. I laugh and check my hair again. It's fine, she doesn't care about your hair I say in my head, but that doesn't make me stop touching it. She walks out and she's in skinny blue jeans and a white off the shoulder top. "You look terrific" I say kissing her. "Save it for tonight, babe" she says walking out of the apartment, smacking my butt behind her. "Hey that's my thing" I say defensive, while running up and smacking her butt. She laughs and kisses me again. Before the elevator opens Veronica and kiss more intensely "or we could just head back inside" she says between kisses. I almost agree when I remember the ring in my pocket and I pull away. "Nah I need a Poptate burger" I say quickly. She smiles up at me "I can't argue with that logic" she says and steps inside the elevator.

As I drive to Pops I fell insanely nervous, what if she says no? What if I ruin everything, again. I pull into Pops and I turn off my truck. "Thank god I'm starving" she says smiling as she hops out of the car. I hop out too and go to open the door for Veronica. We walk into Pops and we give our orders and sit down. I'm tapping my foot absentmindedly "Archie, you're shaking the table" Veronica says laughing. "Oh shit. Sorry" I say stopping. "You okay?" She asks concerned. "Yeah. I just love you. And I want this to work" I say, not knowing how to get the words out. "And it will Archie, but you know you can tell me anything right?" she asks putting her hand on mine. "Yeah?" I ask. "Yeah" she says back confirming her love for me. "I'm crazy. Thinking that I deserve a second chance with you. But now they I have it. I don't want to waste time, we already lost 5 years. I don't want to lose more" I say while standing up. "Archie..." Veronica whispers. I get down on one knee and pull out the ring box and pull it open. "Veronica Cecelia Lodge will you make me the luckiest man ever, and marry me?" I ask looking up at her shocked face. "You're insane" she says with tears in her eyes. "That's not an answer" I say, she rolls her eyes and laughs "yes. Yes Archie I'll marry you" she says crying a bit. I put the ring on her finger and I stand up and pull her up too so we can kiss. I hear clapping and we turn around and Poptate is there smiling. "Congratulations you two. It's great to see true love find its way back to each other, especially where you first met. I'm glad this diner is so special to you" he says sweetly. "Thank you Poptate" Veronica says sniffling. He nods and walks away and Veronica and I kiss again. "I can't believe we're engaged, you're crazy Andrews" she says hugging me. "Well you're marrying crazy" I remind her. She steps back and cups my face in her hands and says "There's no one else I'd rather marry."

The end of 5 year reunion. Hope you liked it :) this one is kind of short, sorry! 💕