Chapter Twenty-Nine: Camp Four Hundred-Thirty

Hopefully this chapter makes up for the other two short chapters (Ch. 27 & Ch. 28).

:||:

Naruto immediately seek out Kakashi and found him at his usual tea shop, "Naruto, you want some tea—We have a problem," Naruto cut him off. Kakashi sat up, eye narrowed dangerously as he paid attention to his former student, "Both you and I need to head out right now to another camp. I will tell you on the way there." Kakashi immediately paid his bill and left with Naruto. Kakashi kept pace with Naruto as they exited out the camp and heading towards south-east.

"I was in Kaya's office reading on the reports when Kazumi looked at the seals when I noticed he had returned back after his initial leave and tried to renter the camp without anyone noticing," Naruto paused as he avoided a tree branch, "But due to Kaya's wise decision on changing the seals, he was immediately stopped by the barrier seal. Not wanting to spend another three weeks learning a new whole set of seals, and probably replaced once more, he decided to leave." Kakashi grew worrisome, "Then why are we heading to another camp?"

"I have asked Kaya if she tried to contact any of the other camps, and she said Four Hundred-Thirty send one of their top Jōnin but was called back." Kakashi frown at the news, anything could have happened at the camp for the Jōnin to be called back. "What exactly happened?" Kakashi asked. Naruto quickly glance at him, "Oda Nobunaga, camp leader of Four Hundred-Thirty, was found dead in his bedroom." Kakashi grew even more grim at the news, "We are heading that way to settle any civil issues caused by this event."

"That is wise."

|Camp Forty-One|

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT HERE?!"

Everyone that was a mile radius all wince in pain at the sudden shout, "Oi, calm down, will you? Otō-san probably a good reason why he left," Taisuke spoke up. Kaya sighs heavily while her advisor, Saburo, stands behind her rubbing his ear, "Your father left you instructions," Saburo said after gaining his hearing back. Tsukimi took the scroll from him and read it silently, "It seems we are training Team Seven," she murmurs. Jin and Pyro cries out in protest but Taisuke immediately shot them a look, "Listen you two, I don't know why dad left, and it seemed serious enough for him to leave with Kakashi-sensei. If he's leaving us with Team Seven and Hibiki, then that's what we will do. I don't need to babysit you." 

|Camp Four Hundred-Thirty|

Naruto reached the gates leading into the outer parts of the camp before being stopped, "Halt who—Oh, Naruto-sama," the guard stopped himself before bowing in respect. Naruto smiled at the guard and mentioned towards Kakashi, "He's with me, this is Hatake Kakashi." The guard nodded as he jotted down their names, "Pleasure in meeting you Hatake-san, I am Goto Narahiko." Kakashi gave the guard an easy eye-smile, "Pleasure in meeting you Goto-san."

Narahiko then turned his attention towards Naruto, "I assume the reason you are here Naruto-sama is due to Nobunaga-sama's death, correct?" Naruto gave him a simple nod, "Then follow me. I will take you to Asai-san." Naruto and Kakashi both followed Narahiko deeper into the camp when they came to a sudden stop in front of a building, "This was Nobunaga-sama's office, you will find Asai-san inside," Narahiko said while knocking. The door opened and standing by the door way was a stern looking man with silver hair ending at his shoulders and metallic blue eyes narrowed down at them. Narahiko bowed, "Asai-san, these are Hatake Kakashi and Uzumaki Naruto," he introduced. Asai eyed Naruto while Naruto kept a neutral expression, "Uzumaki Naruto, I thought you would have been a lot older from all the stories I have heard from Nobu," Asai's deep voice vibrated over them.

Naruto merely shrug, "Eh, started out young." Asai then moved his eyes to Kakashi before looking back at Naruto, "Excuse my rude manners Naruto-sama, I'm just rather tired from trying to solve this problem," Asai said. Naruto waved him off, "Not a problem of high value Asai and that is the reason I am here. The minute I heard that Nobu-chan was killed I came over here quickly. Can we take this conversation inside?" Asai bowed his head slightly before letting the two enter his office, "Any refreshments?"