Chapter Four: Demons meeting Naruto-sama

|Mission No. 21|

Next the morning Naruto mentally grumbled as he made his way towards their usual spot on the bridge. He’s three hours late but knowing its Hatake Kakashi, their Sensei, is going to be even later. As he arrives at the bridge he notice Sakura drooling over his “rival” while he is glaring off to a side. “Ohayou,” Naruto sleepily murmured. “You’re late!!” Sakura shouted at him and then proceeded to hit him on the head. “Ow, Sakura-chan,” Naruto wailed. Sasuke only scoffed and waited some more. Naruto sighed heavily and soon spotted a grey speck, “YOU’RE LATE!!” both he and Sakura shouted.

‘Argh, I just gave myself a damn headache again,’ Naruto mentally groaned. “Sorry, I lost track of time,” Kakashi said. “Lair!!” Sakura shouted alone. “Yeah!” Naruto backed it up before someone can gaze at him. “Here you guys go,” Kakashi said as he handed them communicators. Naruto was a bit confused but then realized, “WHAT?!” he shouted. He peeked over at Sasuke and Sakura, both had an annoyed look. “Is there a problem Naruto?” Kakashi asked. “WE ARE CATCHING THAT STUPID CAT AGAIN?! THAT’S THE FIFTH TIME THIS FREAKING WEEK!!” Naruto shouted. ‘There, there, maybe you can convince Hokage to let you get a C-Rank,’ Kurama tried to calm his idiot. Naruto grumbled and immediately returned to his spot under five seconds.

A minute passes, “Sasuke arriving at Point C,” Sasuke said. “Sakura arriving at Point B,” Sakura voiced in. Naruto waited like usual, “Naruto arriving at Point A, believe it!” he said with a roll of his eyes. “You’re too slow Naruto,” Kakashi said. He looked over the trees and then spoke, “Alright Team Seven—,” he was cut off by Sasuke yelling out that the target has moved causing his Genins to run after the target again. They stopped five meters away from it, “What’s your distance?” Kakashi asked. “Five meters, I’m ready,” Sasuke replied. “Same here,” Sakura voiced in. A few seconds Naruto voiced his agreement, “Okay! Catch it!” Kakashi ordered. Naruto pounced on the cat catching it upside down. It only caused him pain when the cat started to scratch and bite him. “CAN’T WE HAVE A BETTER MISSION THEN THIS?! I HATE CATS!!!” Naruto shouted.

They headed back to the missionary office only to see the cat being squished by his owner. “Haha, that cat deserves it!” Naruto laughed while Sakura sweat dropped and Sasuke deadpan. “Team Seven’s mission is to capture Tora, complete,” Sarutobi smiled. Naruto stood beside Kakashi, “Now, your next mission is to babysit an elder’s grandson, shopping in the neighboring village, and help with the potato digging,” Sandaime Hokage said. “NO! NO! NO! NO THANK YOU!! I WANT TO DO A BETTER MISSION!! FIND US A BETTER ONE!!” Naruto shouted as he crossed his arms. ‘I agree,’ Sasuke thought. Sakura deadpan, ‘Geez, what an annoying guy,’ she thought. ‘I thought it was about time for this,’ Kakashi thought with a mental sigh. He eyes Naruto, ‘I wonder how much longer he can actually keep pretending to be a Genin,’ Kakashi thought. He then mentally cried, ‘I can’t believe a thirteen year old has me keeping quiet!!’ he cried.

“YOU IDIOT!! YOU ARE JUST A ROOKIE!! EVERYONE STARTS OFF WITH THE SIMPLE D-RANKS AND WORKS THEIR WAY UP!!” Iruka shouted causing Sarutobi to tilt his hat down a bit from the embarrassment. “I WOULDN’T BE DOING THIS IF WE HAD A GOOD MISSION!! ALL WE ARE GETTING ARE CRAPPIEST DUTIES!!” Naruto shouted. Naruto was about to shout again when Kakashi hit him on the head, “Put a lid on it,” Kakashi scolded. “Naruto, it seems I have to explain to you what these duties are all about,” Sarutobi said with a sigh. “Listen, every day the village receives numerous requests from babysitting to assassination. Each request is written down on these lists and divided into an A, B, C, or D ranking based on difficulty. The village is also divided based on skills. Starting with me to the Jounins, Chūnins, and Genins,” Sarutobi looks up.

“Last night I had pork ramen, so miso sounds good for—,” “HEY LISTEN!!” Sandaime shouted. Kakashi nervously scratch the back of his head, “Sorry,” he said. “Geez, all you do is lecture me as if you are my grandfather or something. I’m not that troublemaking kid back at the academy! I’m a ninja now!!” Naruto said. ‘You are giving me a headache with these ‘gag-me’ lectures,’ Kurama said. ‘Join the club Kurama,’ Naruto agreed. He turned around as he puffed out his cheeks, ‘I’m going to get yelled at later for this,’ Kakashi thought with another mental sigh. Iruka smiles along with Sandaime Hokage. “Okay,” he said. “What?” Naruto asked. “If you want one so bad, then so be it…I’m giving you a C-Rank mission,” Hokage said. Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi were surprised by this while Naruto, ‘Please don’t be outside the village,’ he thought. “It’s a protection mission of a certain individual,” Sarutobi continued unaware of Naruto’s mental pleading.