Chapter Twenty-Two: Shinobi Status and House Arrest

Naruto was humming a tune as he walked around the village, "Naruto-san," he heard a familiar voice reaching his ears. Glancing behind him, he spotted Hiroshi running towards him. "Hiroshi-san, what can I do for you?" Naruto asked. Hiroshi smiled at him, "I have a mission I need to go to, but I already found someone to babysit my children since you are needed at the Hokage's office," Hiroshi said. Naruto nodded his head, "Thanks for the update Hiroshi-san, I might as well head over now," Naruto said causing Hiroshi to nod his head. Naruto started to head towards the Hokage's office when he noticed Kakashi walking the same direction as he. "You too?" Naruto asked. Kakashi lazily glance at him before glancing back at his book, "Hai." Naruto mentally anime fell at the lack of response before shrugging it off. Naruto walked ahead of his former teacher and easily reached the Hokage's tower without a problem or someone stopping them. Naruto knocked on the door that leads to the Hokage's office, "Enter," he heard the familiar voice of the Third Hokage. Naruto and Kakashi entered the office.

"Naruto, and Kakashi, just the two Shinobis I was waiting for. I'm surprised you got here in time Kakashi," Hokage said. Kakashi sheepishly scratch his masked cheek before replying to the Hokage, "I decided to arrive on time today," Kakashi said. Hokage chuckled before becoming serious, "I've asked for you two for a sole reason," he started causing Naruto to glance at him seriously. "I want you two to capture and bring back Uchiha Itachi," Hokage said. Naruto and Kakashi looked at him in slight shock. "Capture Uchiha Itachi? Why?" Kakashi asked. Hokage sighed heavily, "I believe it's time for him to come back home," Hokage said. Naruto frown a bit, "Not to go against your words or anything Lord Hokage, but why do you want him back home?" he asked. Hokage looked at Naruto and at Kakashi, "It is time for me to tell you two the truth about Itachi's betrayal," Hokage said. Naruto glance over at Kakashi before glancing back at the Third Hokage.

"It happened back when Itachi was a little younger than he is now. The Uchiha Clan was detested after the attack of the Kyūbi," Hokage paused as he glances at Naruto. Naruto shrug his shoulders at this and the Hokage continued, "It was said that they were the reasons why the Kyūbi—Kurama—Kurama, sorry, was released and summoned to destroy the village. Outrage by this, the Uchiha Clan decided to plan to destroy the village from the inside by attempting to kill me. Of course back then, Itachi was in ANBU and I gave him the mission to report what his family are doing. He didn't fight back, he accepted his mission with one exception. We leave Sasuke out of it," Hokage sighed heavily. Naruto frown a bit at this, "After finding that out, Danzō ordered Itachi to murder his entire family and become a missing ninja. I wanted this to go differently but I was out voted by the council," Hokage said.

"Old bastards," Naruto said emotionlessly. Hokage sweat drop at this before clearing his throat, "I hope on assigning you two to this mission, you will be able to bring back Itachi, and we will talk about his predicament later," Hokage said. Naruto stepped forward, "What about Sasuke Lord Hokage? He will stop at nothing to kill his brother," Naruto said. Kakashi nodded his head at this, 'Let's tie him and toss him into the river. I always wondered how ducks swim underwater,' Kurama commented. Naruto snorted mentally at this before zoning back into the words of the wise Hokage, 'Wise my ass. He's a pervert like any other man,' Kurama said. Naruto chuckled lowly at this causing Kakashi and the Hokage to glance at him. "Let me worry about Sasuke and in the meantime, I want you two to track down Uchiha Itachi and bring him home," Hokage said. Naruto turned to Kakashi, "See you at the gates in ten," he said and vanished. Kakashi sighed heavily before vanishing as well. Hokage sighed heavily as he took his pipe out from his mouth, "Lord?" someone called out. "Prepare a room in the Namikaze estate for Uchiha Itachi. Naruto will be the only one who can stop Itachi if he decides to attack on anyone," Hokage said. The ANBU bowed before they vanished to prepare Itachi a room.