Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Three hours earlier...

"Errol! I have nothing to wear!" I moaned in frustration as I looked at my enormous obsidian wardrobe, filled with clothes.

"Just a minute!"

Erik and Edmund were trying to help me but to no avail. Each dress or outfit they picked out I hated, and I was becoming agrivated. Isa was busy helping Virus with something so I couldn't ask for her help.

I needed Errol.

I was dressed in a red silk robe rummaging through my obsidian dresser looking for something. I had a mountain of silks, satins, shoes and gems piled on my queen bed. My hair was curled, making it look big and it bounced as I walked. My eyes are lined with blacks, grays and browns to make my amber eyes pop, my thick lashes curled and held by mascara. A soft rose color tinted my full lips. I wouldn't tolerate fingernail polish on my hands, but my toes were painted gold, my legs were shaved, I was wearing a perfume that smelled like lotus and sandal wood.

I was completely ready....except for my outfit.

I stomped my foot on my cherrywood floors and shouted "Errol!"

Errol breezed out of my bathroom in a wave of fruity madness. He had gotten really into the fruit scents, tonight it was citrus.

After my 256th birthday 32 years ago when I threw away my childhood, I had come back to my room after a night of dancing and found my room remodeled.

It was the same shape, but all the pink was gone. My floors were cherrywood, my walls were obsidian with red drapes handing every three feet, leaving room for large pictures of me and my brothers and sisters, even a few of me and my father. My four poster bed was now a queen with a red down comforter, black silk sheets, and a dozen pillows in red black and amber varying in size. My dresser and wardrobe had changed to obsidian and my dainty was made of a wood the color of amber painted with gold accents. There was also a new door that led to a dressing room and was filled wall to wall with shoes.

My bathroom was behind a cherrywood door, it had a cherry counter, obsidian sink and shower, gold walls, and amber tiles.

I'm 288 years old. We age different than humans, about sixteen times slower. So in reality I am about eighteen, and my big party was my sixteenth birthday.

Errol tut tutted at me. "Calm down girl! I know you got something, I got all these clothes with you. I know your wardrobe."

I threw my hands up in the air in frustration and groaned as I flopped back on the bed.

Errol looked at Erik and Edmund. "Now look what you did, y'all have put her in a state."

"Not our fault women are picky." Edmund grumbled.

My eyes turned red as I glared at my brother.

"I don't see what the big deal is Eve." Erik shrugged, totally clueless. "It's just a party."

I put my arm over my eyes. "Errol please remove them. Now." My tone booked no argument.

"Gladly." Errol chirped as he pushed his brothers out of my bedroom.

"Testarda donna." Edmund grumbled, which probably meant something like stubborn woman, but I didn't care.

Erik just sighed and brushed it off, leaving without complaint.

Errol shut the door and turned to me. I was laying on my bed, my arm over my face, in full crisis mode.

He sat on the bed and petted my hair until I calmed down and relaxed. Once I was calm he pulled me off the bed and looked me over. Then he snapped his fingers, "I know just the thing." And he dove into my wardrobe. After a moment he came out with a small pile of clothes and threw them on the bed.