Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I folded my wings tight against my back as I entered Heaven. It had been five days since I had left. I'd hung around Spain for a while and visited Canada, but it was time to come home.

I walked around, hands in my pockets, my eyes to the clouds under my feet. Watching as they took me nowhere.

I passed by the pavilion and heard the strangest sound.

Cheering.

I looked up and walked over there. Dozens of Angels were cheering and celebrating, bottles of wine were being poured and music played as people danced.

It looked like Heaven before the war began.

"Hey! ¿Que pasa? What's going on?" I asked the first person I came up to.

"We've hit a break!" The Angel cheered. "We finally have leverage against Lucifer!"

My eyes widened. "Really? That's amazing! What's the leverage?"

"One of his precious daughters."

My blood ran cold. "What?"

"Yeah! Marcus and Rafael caught her two nights ago. Girl was so weak she didn't last ten seconds against the Lumin arrows."

Horror raced through me. "They shot at her?"

"Pfft. No, they trapped her with them. You know the old cage-arrow trick, right? Heard it was like trapping a puppy. Well, a puppy that shoots fire from her hands.

It wasn't possible. It couldn't be. Why would she ever come back to Earth?

I mentally shook my head. It can't be her. There's no way, maybe one of her other sisters can manipulate fire. Maybe Marcus and Rafael were mistaken.

But I needed to be sure.

"Where is the girl now?" I asked.

The angel grinned. "In the cold cell. You wanna see her?"

I plastered a fake smile on. "Yeah, I've never seen one of the daughters before."

"Ah," the angel nodded. "Wanna get an up close look eh?"

"Yeah," I said.

The angel clapped me on the back. "Give her Hell, man." Then he started laughing. "Ha! Give her hell! Get it?"

I chuckled, "Yeah I got it." And I walked away. Walking quickly until I was out of sight then I took off and flew for the Cells.

As Heaven is a peaceful place, we normally don't have any use for the Cells, they were just made as storage spaces or a Time-out cell for out of control angels.

This was the first time in a thousand years they had been used for a real prisoner.

I landed in front of the Cells, my heart pounding. I was afraid. Afraid for it to be Her. Afraid it wouldn't be Her.

I walked up to the doors where two angels, a male and a female, stood chatting with light spears in their hands.

"Hola, amigos!" I said as I approached.

They looked up and waved at me. "Come te get a look at the lass, have ye?" Asked the woman.

I nodded. "Sure have."

The guy chuckled and opened the door. "Last cell on the left. Can't miss her."

I nodded my thanks and walked in, the doors closing behind me.

I walked slowly down the long hall, the air cold, but it was the silence that sent chills up my spine.

Halfway down the hall I heard a noise other than the pounding of my heart.