Prologue

Prologue

Not many of you who read this will have been to hell and back. In fact no one has been to hell and returned to tell the tale. I can't promise that none of this is true, actually I shouldn't be writing this, but I trust you humans to believe that this is only what it appears to be, a story. So here goes.

My name is Evelyn Ashburn and my father is the devil.

Before you judge me and say "oh she's the devils daughter she must be evil." Just listen to my story.

"Eve!" Isa yelled through the bathroom door. "Come on we only have so much time to get you ready!"

I wrapped a towel around my head and opened the door. There stood my brothers and sisters.

My father has 666 children. Of them, there are 6 who are girls, the rest are boys. My sisters and I are the most adored things in all of hell. Can't say why, sure we're beautiful and kinder than our father but we are dangerous.

"Ugh!" My brother Errol scoffed. "What are we going to do with your hair? Azula! Please get the dryer we need to have this dry for what I plan to do with it."

My sister Azula grabbed the machine, holding the end of the cord with one hand and the handle in the other. Her eyes lit up and sparks flew from her fingertips, powering the hair dryer that she set to work on my hair.

Each daughter of Satan is blessed with a gift, if you can call it that. One of the six terrors of hell fire, ice, acid, lightning, poison, and the touch of death.

"Mortain can you pick out something for her to wear?" Errol asked. "I need to work on her face."

Mortain nodded and started going through my large stone wardrobe.

My eldest sister is Mortain. She is gifted with the touch of death, the most powerful of the six terrors and self explanatory. One touch and you will die, slow, quick, whatever way she chooses. The sweetest way to die from her is a kiss, the name kiss of death came from her. She is solemn, tall, dark hair, skin so pale you would think she is dead. Her eyes are black pits of knowledge wisdom. Easily the wisest of all of us. She is my teacher, the person I got to with all of my questions. Tonight she was wearing a slim black number that touched the floor. Her black hair was free and strait down her back. The long sleeves, rounded neckline, and hem were encrusted with diamonds.

Yes, real freaking diamonds.

"Virus, help Mortain, make sure it's not depressing."

Virus laughed. "Sure thing Errol."

"Why would I pick something depressing?" Mortain drawled.

Everyone laughed at that.

My second eldest sister is Virasa. We just call her Virus. She has the gift of poison. One touch, scratch or kiss, and she can inject any poison into your system, killing you in any of a thousand ways. She is also skilled with potions, she is our healer, whenever I cot a cut or a scrape she healed me and patched me up, like all of our other sisters. She is my role model, more like my mother than any of them, she is plumper than the rest of us, more curvy and pear shaped, she has thick auburn hair, poison green eyes that are kind and loving and sun browned skin the color of honey, though she rarely goes up to the surface. Tonight she was wearing a flowing green dress the same color as her eyes, it was shorter and ended just past her knees, accenting her wide hips and large breasts. It had thick straps and sparkled with tiny emeralds. Her hair was curled in big soft ringlets.

"Her hair is done Errol." Azula crowed excitedly. Releasing the smoking machine. Most electric machines tended to do that after a while of her pure electricity flowing through its cables.