Scary ; Hinata X Reader

A/N: Reader is Tsukishima's little half sister, although only Yamaguchi knows because of your different surnames caused by different fathers. (I live for older brother Tsukishima btw) Also, the first years are now second years and you're a first year.

•••

"... have you guys ever heard (L/N)-san speak before?" Hinata suddenly asks, looking up from his school workbook.

"What's with the sudden question?" Ennoshita questions, slightly confused.

"Well it's just... I've never in my entirety heard (L/N)-san speak a word."

"Did you just say entirety?" Yamaguchi deadpans.

"Pftt using bigger words doesn't look good on you." Tsukishima mocks, causing Yamaguchi to muffle a chuckle into his hand.

"Shut up!" Hinata yells, his face becoming blood red.

"Back to the subject, have any of you heard her talk before?"

"Now that I think about it, I've never heard her utter a word." Yachi hums, trying to recall a time she's heard you speak.

"... do you think she's mute?" Hinata questions quietly.

"No, because I've seen her talk alone with Sensei about her assignment, but that's about all." Yachi points out.

"I bet she's just shy." Kageyama grumbles, continuing to write in his workbook without glancing up.

"Maybe. She always turns red when people look or stare at her. Attention is probably something she likes to avoid." Yachi suggests.

"That makes sense... but she's kind of scary too." Hinata shivers.

"Her stare is kind of cold, and her face is just... I don't know, spiteful?" Hinata continues.

"Maybe she has resting bitch face."

"Kageyama!"

"Hey, I'm not being rude, I have it too!" Kageyama growls.

"You don't have to be so blunt about it!"

"Well how else do you want me to put it?!"

"Could you guys quiet down?!"

"...sorry."

"Hinata, lets not judge people based on their looks." Ennoshita interferes, offering a warm smile.

"Sorry..." Hinata says sheepishly.

"Now, enough about (L/N)-san, let's just get back to work." Ennoshita sighs.

•••

"He's just so awesome, how can you not admire him?! His spikes are all like "swoosh" and "woos-"

"Ah-Oof!" You quietly mutter in surprise, as Hinata rams into you as he excitedly walks backwards while attempting to continue talking to the team.

"Ah, I'm sorry!" Hinata yelps in guilt as he turns around to glance at the person he's just knocked over.

Low and behold, you're sitting upright on the ground, one hand holding your now bloody nose while your legs and palms suffer small scrapes and indents from the cement and pebbles below you.

"(L-L/N)-san, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry!" Hinata repeats almost too loudly, as the sweat forming on his head drips onto the ground at his every bow in despair.

You stay quiet for a moment, only looking at Hinata. Which seems to give Hinata quite the scare as your "resting bitch face" is major at this point.