Chapter One

This lovely trailer is from Amira29140563!! Go show her some love guys!
___________________________

A cold chill was what caused her to wake up. Despite the warmth the blankets, furs, and sheets provided, and despite the soft flames still gently burning in the hearth of her room, Anari was still able to feel the breeze.

As she sat up, it only seemed cooler as the air hit her bare shoulders. Letting out a soft sigh, Anari was made aware of just how cold it was, as she could see her breath in a soft mist. Though, while it was cold, Anari didn't think it was quite ready for snow yet, though, perhaps it was getting there. Despite the chill in her room, Anari knew she needed to get up.

With a bracing breath for having to leave the warmth of her bed, Anari stood up, shivering as her feet met the cool stone floor. Turning to her bed, Anari frowned at the mess of blankets, sheets, and furs. Septa Mordane would crack her wrists if she didn't make her bed, as the woman often went into her room to see if she had made sure the bed was neat.

Resisting another shiver, Anari set to it. Though, with practiced ease, it didn't take her long to have it looking the way Septa Mordane would approve of. The woman meant well in her teachings, and where Arya misunderstood her as wanting them to be perfect, Anari somewhat understood that she wanted them to be.

Septa Mordane didn't want them to be perfect, because it was impossible for someone to be so. Anari remembered when she was younger and had slightly resented her Septa. However, now that she was older, Anari understood she is only trying to help. Unfortunately, Arya still didn't seem to understand that, but with time, hopefully, her youngest sister would learn.

Satisfied with her work, Anari walked to where her robe sat and placed it around her shoulders. This time, Anari shivered from the warmth the garment provided, a small smile coming to her lips as she turned to her wardrobe to pick out a dress.

Anari's dresses were always simple; she was never one for decorative embroidery or fancy accents to the garment. She wasn't interested in outlandish colors or extravagant silks or satins. As long as the material didn't scratch her skin and the design was simple, that was all Anari cared for.

Anari settled on a dark blue dress, thankful that the laces were in the front and she wouldn't have to send for Septa Mordane to help tie it for her. The dress was simple but had enough style to it to be different from anything Sansa or Arya would wear.

The bodice was lightly fitted while the skirt tapered down elegantly. Tightening and tying the laces, Anari smiled at her reflection. Her long red hair fell in soft waves, framing her face. Making her way to her vanity, Anari set to the task of braiding her hair. Much like her mother, Anari wore her hair in simple braids, enough to keep it out of her face.

Though, before braiding her hair, Anari brushed through it to ensure any knots that formed during the night were smoothed out. Deftly braiding her hair, Anari smiled once more at her reflection. Though, before standing, Anari picked up the clay pitcher of water and poured it into the basin. Gently washing her face of any dirt she had accumulated during the night, Anari dried her face with a cloth.

Standing and walking over to the large mirror that sat in her room, Anari ensured she didn't need to fix anything. Once satisfied with her appearance, Anari turned and grabbed her boots. Septa Mordane and her mother would have a fit if they knew she wore boots as opposed to ladies slippers. Anari didn't particularly enjoy wearing them, as they often left her feet feeling sore after a long day.

However, to keep the pretense of wearing ladies slippers, Anari had paid the cobbler extra to add a small heel to the back of her boots to ensure they clicked when she walked on the stone floors. Once she finished lacing her boots, Anari left her chambers. Though, she ensured she took her cloak with her to wrap around her shoulders.