Chapter 67

"Cody, hey!" I said. "What are you doing here man?" Adam asked. "I hadn't realized you owned the place I'll come back later." Cody said.

"No Cody you don't have to do that, you can stay and surf if you want I mean for my lesson today I'm not even getting in the water." I said.

"Well alright." Cody said as he headed to the waves. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" Adam asked me. "I mean I guess so but why wouldn't it be?" I asked.

"You don't think having your ex here while I teach you how to surf will make him a little jealous?" Adam asked. "I mean maybe but it's not like we're going to start making out right in front of him." I said.

"Well okay, so go on take my hands and stand on the board." Adam said. "Like this?" I asked him holding his hands for like my dear life.

Look at them over there holding hands like they're so cute together I need to stop this, Cody thought to himself getting on his board ready to wipe out so I'd have to come save him.

"SARAH SARAH HELP ME HELP ME CRAMP SAVE ME!" Cody shouted from the water pretending to drown. "I have to go help him!" I said running to the water and diving in to come save him.

So I ran to the shoreline dove in, swam to Cody, unhooked him from his board then had him lean on it like driftwood then pulled him ashore.

"Is he alright?" Adam asked coming over to where I pulled him ashore and Cody lay on the sand flat on his back. "I think so." I said.

"Why are his eyes closed?" Adam asked. "Oh man, maybe the water knocked him out." I said. "Well can you check that?" he asked.

"I think so." I said leaning my ear to his chest to see if his heart was beating. "Well?" Adam asked. "His hearts beating so he's not dead maybe the wave just knocked him out." I said.

"Does he need like mouth to mouth resuscitation or something?" Adam asked as Cody smiled but Adam didn't see it and I did. "Nah I know what'll wake him up." I said as I slapped him. "Ow!" Cody said sitting up.

"That's what you get jerk for making you think you drowned!" I practically screamed in his face. "I'm sorry Sarah, I was just jealous you were holding hands and smiling with Adam." Cody said.

"I told you." Adam said. "I wasn't holding hands and smiling with Adam he was helping me on the board jerk, now get off the beach." I said. "Why?" Cody asked.

"So I can finish my surfing lesson without having to worry about you pretending to drown." I said as I stomped off back to Adam's old board.

"Let me help you up dude." Adam said lending Cody a hand to get up. "Thanks mate, treat her right okay?" Cody said, "You got it." Adam said as he walked back over to me and Cody walked back to his house.