Chapter 59

"So you leave on Saturday?" Adam asked. "Yeah."I said. "And today's Sunday, right?" he asked. "Yeah." I said. "I'll give you free lessons if you go out with me on Friday," Adam said.

"So free lessons for a date?" I asked him. "That's right." Adam said. "My brother is going to kill you then me if he finds out about this but yes I'll pay you with ONE date." I said.

"Awesome!" Adam said as he hugged me. "Sarah?" Cody said coming over to Adam and me. "Have you been following me?" I asked. "No this is my beach I always come here when I have to think about stuff I sit in the empty lifeguard tower up there and listen to music." Cody said.

"Wait you're the dude who I always hear singing while I'm trying to surf?" Adam asked. "And mate you're the guy who always has those sweet surfing moves while I'm out here singing." Cody said.

"Adam's teaching me how to surf." I blurted out. Why did I just say that, I thought to myself. "Sarah if you wanted to learn how to surf I could've taught you I mean I am your boyfriend." Cody said.

"Correction Mr. Down under you were my boyfriend come on Adam." I said walking away. "She just called me Mr. down under, what did you do to her?" Cody said. "Just cheered her up man, later." Adam said walking away laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked as Adam came over to me. "Because of you." Adam said. "What, you're laughing at me?" I said. "No I'm laughing because you just called your ex-boyfriend Mr. down under." Adam said. "I did!" I said shocked.

"You bet, I wish I had it recorded I mean Kodak moment right there." Adam said. "Oh shut up, what's the first step surf instructor?"  I said. "Well we have to get you a board and a wetsuit." Adam said.

"And where can I get that?" I asked. "Well we'll have to buy you a wetsuit but you can borrow my old surfboard." Adam said.

"You have an old surfboard too." I said. "A surfer can never throw away any of their boards they're sacred property." Adam said.

"Seriously?" I asked laughing. "None what so ever, but I did make you laugh so I have to be doing something right." Adam said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "My first step to understanding the girl mind, how to cheer one up." Adam said. "What so I'm like your girl science fair project?" I asked.

"You can say that." Adam said as I punched his arm. "What was that for, and you know you can punch pretty hard for a girl." Adam said rubbing his arm like I actually hurt him when I obviously didn't.

"Rule # 2, never call a girl a science fair project or depending on the girl can get you hurt harder than that." I said.

"We're here." Adam said. "What's this?" I asked looking at the store we were in front of. "My favorite surf shop, come on I'll introduce you to the owner." Adam said as he pulled me inside.