Nearby Death

Chapter 21

The icy water chilled me through my bones. I heard screams as I fell. Screams of agony, pain, fear... they were mine.. As I fell, the world grew still, Time froze, and I could feel, as the world slowed, death confronting itself to me. As I landed on the bone crushing water, a different scream erupted from the air, not mine, a softer, higher, scream. I felt rock as I plunged down into the water. I thought I had died. My body floated to the top of the water as my life flashed before my eyes. Me coming into this boarding school, meeting Bridget, Lola, Jay, Jasmine, Macy, Camy...Zephra, Charlotte... Eric and his gang... Andy and Carter. I saw the musical, the punching bag, swinging at Camy, me fighting Zephra, falling off the balcony, kissing Carter, my parents yelling at me, and all of the building up and breaking down in my life.

I felt warm, soft, arms lift me out of the water. I heard sounds, and saw sights as I got pulled out of the water. The voices yelling at me, the crying, it all went past me as I thought about what had really happened. Who was wrapping me in a blanket, who had screamed as I hit the water, who was there, but nothing registered. As if I almost knew them, just couldn't remember who they were. I closed my eyes and curled up as they tried to save my life.

•••••

"What's she doing?" Jay quietly asked. I held out my arms and whispered something. "No," Jasmine said. "NO NO LILLY NO!" Macy screamed as I lent forward and fell off the cliff. Camy and Lola screamed as I fell off and hit the water. They ran over to the side next to the cliff and jumped in the water to save me. They pulled me ashore as Carter, Nick, Dylan, Matt, Wes, Jack, Andy, and even Bridget came running over to see what happened. I coughed up blood as Bridget started crying. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" she cried as I shivered. "I know that I am part of the cause of this, but please forgive me!" She wailed as Carter kissed my forehead and said, "I never should have kissed you, I should've went with the plan and waited until your parents left, all of the things I could've done differently, I would've, I..." He trailed off. They all hugged me as a single tear rolled down my cheek.