Nur, Nur...

Chapter 13

After their "date" I went back to my dorm and flopped down on my bed and almost screamed. "Lilly?" Lola muttered. "Wha..." Jasmine murmured, then fell off her bunk. "Ooohhhh," I said, then stuffed my head into my pillow and moaned. "What happened?" Jasmine sleepily said. "Oh, I just watched Carter go on a romantic date with Charlotte and I think I'm going to puke." I said, then ran into our bathroom.

Once I finished throwing up, I walked back out and found that both Jasmine and Lola were setting up a nice place for me to sleep. "Oh, you didn't have to... He didn't actually... I, I... Oh my head." I said, my head felt like someone came and pounded my head against a concrete wall. "Here lie down." Lola said. "You have to rest." "The... the, the, mus-music-musical's in two days, what am I gonna do?" I mumbled. "It's so cold in here." I said. I wasn't an idiot, I knew that I was sick, but I couldn't get the words out. It was like my brain knew what I was going to say, but somewhere between my head and my mouth, it got mixed up. Jasmine stuck a thermometer in my ear, and got the results. "103.93 degrees, your burning up." She said. "Go to sleep, and I'll get the nurse." Lola said. "N-no, I'm f-f-fine y-you do-don-don't need t..." I passed out.

****

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was still in my dorm. "H-h-hello?" I said. Jasmine and Lola ran in. "Hey, don't talk, your really sick, and more pale than usual, the nurse said it was something like..." Jasmine said. "Like nur, nur, I honestly have no idea." "It's kinda like food poisoning, it's not contagious, just a nasty stomach bug, it somehow effects your ability to pronounce words, so it c-comes o-o-out l-like th-th-this, there isn't a way to cure it, it just has to run its course. It does leave a nasty migraine though." Lola said. I said "W-what ab-b-out th..." "The musical?" Jasmine asked, I nodded. "If your not good by tomorrow, they will just reschedule it." "P-paper." I said. "P-pencil." They handed me a white sheet of paper and a pencil. My writing said "Will I be ok by tomorrow?" "I don't know." Jasmine responded. "The nurse said that you could be here from a day to 2 weeks. It's just a unpredictable virus." "What about you?" I wrote. "We got notes saying that we could skip class to take care of you." Lola said. Then I wrote the word "food?" And they laughed. "We'll get you breakfast." Jasmine said and left as I realized that it was going to be a long day.