30

Rio sat opposite Sam and Anya as he waited for Cami's confirmation. Anya jiggled her knees, before she slapped her hands down. "Alright spill. What was all that with the whole 'familiar faces' thing you were talking about earlier? Who were they?"
"Well, back when I was human, as a kid I was friends with all the other founding family kids. Damon and Stefan didn't really hang out with them. There was George Lockwood who was Damon's age, but the two hated each other. And the original Grayson Gilbert, but he was Stefan's age, and he mostly kept to himself. And Honoria Fell, she and Grayson were always together, until Stefan killed her. The other Forbes sisters weren't, well they just didn't hang out with my brothers. But Maria Fell, Marcus Gilbert, James and Max Lockwood, Amelia Fell and I were all best friends once upon a time. I knew the Lockwood twins were alive, your mother and I bumped into them a few times. Let's just say it didn't end well most of the time. Anyways, the twins kidnapped Samantha as a way to get my attention, then let her go because they knew they needed to get on my good side. And they both rounded up the rest of the gang, who were also alive, surprisingly, and brought us all together for a reunion."
"Rio-" Anya was cut off by Rio's phone.
"Hey look it's Cami. Come on, let's go. Thank you for doing this."
"Yeah well your do-gooder habits have rubbed off on me."
"You know the plan?"
"Yes, you make sure no one's in the room. I make sure there's nothing that can out my abilities in the room. You check to see if anyone's outside the room, then I siphon his hex. Then Sam and I leave and you say hi and bye to Klaus."
"I'm still a little unclear? If she's a siphoner, then how come she does regular magic?"
"Didn't Charlotte explain this to you?"
"Yeah, but she uses all these witchy terms and I gave up understanding."
"Okay so basically, Anya's like half siphoner, half normal witch, because she inherited her mother's siphoning abilities as well as Wallace's witch gene. It usually cancels out, but Anya's special."
"Oh, that makes sense."
"Yeah, any more questions?"
"No, let's go." Sam said and Anya nodded. Anya held Sam and Rio's hand and muttered the spell. She'd been to the attic before so it was quick.
Rio looked around the room. No one was in the shadows or under the bed. Anya muttered a spell to make sure-Charlotte kept her secret for a reason, Rio didn't want Anya's siphoning abilities to come out, unless Anya wanted it to. Otherwise it'd be a close family secret. Rio picked up the key- he had instructed Cami to lock the door and slide the key underneath- and unlocked the door before opening it. Cami was outside the room.
"How'd you get here?" She asked him. She thought he'd use the front entrance of something.
"Magic." He told her. "Your uncle will be fine. Go get yourself some water."
"If it's all the same to you, I'd rather not. Can I come inside?"
"Sorry, but you can't. Give us a couple minutes and we'll be out, alright? Maybe get him water. For when he wakes up." Cami looked like she was about to protest but just nodded. Rio closed the door, locking it again. Anya nodded at him and grabbed Father Kieran's hand. She concentrated and soon enough there was a red hue around her hands. Father Kieran groaned and looked like he was about to wake so Rio went near the two, protectively standing over Anya.
"It's done." She said, finally. "No more magic hexes on him."
"Thanks, kiddo." Rio smiled.
"Your mother would be proud." Samantha spoke up, smiling at her. "You remind me so much of her."
"Really?" Anya smiled.
"Really." There was a groan as Kieran woke up. Rio snapped the chains of Kieran and helped him sit up.
"No no no. Chain me back up." He said frantically as he realised what Rio had done. "You don't understand I-"
"It's okay, you're hex free. Thank this little witch." Rio stood beside his daughter.
"How?"
"Magic." Anya replied this time, smiling. "Your niece asked for help."
"You know Cami?"
"Not really. I met her a few times, but she's more of a friend of a friend. I'll get her to come in now." Rio told him and Kieran laid back down, sighing in relief.
"Water, like you asked for. How long is it going to take?" Cami said standing outside the door holding a bottle.
"It's done. He's inside waiting for you." Rio stepped aside, and Cami walked in and gave her uncle a hug.
"You're okay? No murderous tendencies?"
"I'm fine."
"You sure?" Cami turned to Rio and Anya. "I don't want to be skeptic of your abilities, but are you sure it worked? Should he be out of chains?"
"Anya's the most powerful witch there is. There is no doubt it worked."
"Besides, it wasn't really a complicated spell. More of a family recipe. I've done it before." Anya said.
"Thank you." Cami smiled at them.
"Of course." Rio smiled and he looked to Anya. She stared at him reluctantly before grabbing Sam's hand and muttering the spell. They were gone in an instant.
"Did she just-?" Cami was speechless.
"Wait, witches can teleport?" Father Kieran asked.
"It's not really teleportation." Rio said, "But yeah, basically. My wife created the spell a few years ago when travel started taking too long."
"You're married?"
"I'm going to try to not take offence at the surprise in your tone." Rio chuckled at Cami's embarrassed face, before shrugging with a remorseful look on his face. "I was, she died almost two years ago."
"I'm sorry for your loss." Father Kieran said.
"So am I." Rio shook his head. "I'm going to go to Klaus, and then I'll be heading out, so um, bye."
"Bye." Cami gave him a little wave and Father Kieran gave him a nod.