11

By the time Rio came to, Dwayne was dead and Hayley, Elijah and Klaus were outside.
"What's going on?" He asked. Hayley stood next to Elijah and they both stood opposite Klaus. It dawned on him that Hayley had probably told Elijah about Tyler's hypothesis and Elijah, the idiot, had probably believed it.
"Oh, come now Elijah. You're not going to believe the words of a guy who just kidnapped Hayley and who believes the only way to stop it is for there to be no baby?"
"It's logical." Was all Elijah replied.
"Come on, Elijah. He's your brother, what happened to staying with him and by his side forever?"
"I will always protect family. And that includes the baby."
"Elijah, I can't believe you. And Hayley, I expected better from you. After everything your going to believe that Klaus knew about this whole thing?"
"Well I haven't seen anything that suggests otherwise." She told him and he shook his head.
"I'll play the role I've been given." Klaus raised his arms. He looked hurt and defeated. "You think I'm a monster, love? Go ahead, so does everyone else. It's the role I've been assigned in this world, and it's the part I'll play. I'll be the villain."
"Klaus-" Rio started. Klaus turned as though to walk away and instead rushed to his brother and bit him with his venemous bite.
"You two enjoy each other's company. You'll have much to bond over, once the hallucinations and dementia set in. Consider that bite to be my parting gift to you both." This time he rushed away. Rio sighed.
"I'll go get some miracle Klaus blood, Hayley you should come with me. Elijah's situation might not be safe." Rio said. "I'll be back as soon as I can."
"No, I'll stay, Someone's got to make sure he doesn't eat a poisonous berry."
"Are you sure?" Elijah asked. "It's going to get messy."
"Yes. Besides, my people came from here. Where better than here to find out who I am?"
"I'll be back soon. But you guys were harsh on Klaus. Think about that while I'm gone."

"Klaus!" Rio called.
"Do you really believe me?" He asked once Rio caught up to him.
"Well, of course. Did you forget who you're talking to? I know you love being a father, for heaven's sake I remember how you were like with Marcel. I might not have been there from when he was young, but I do remember just how close you two were even as vampires. I remember how joyful you looked every time he looked to you for your approval. You guys were seriously close. And maybe it didn't end great. Maybe it ended with shit, but you have a second chance with him, and another chance with the new babies on the way. I doubt you'd even let her near blood until they're bloody fifty." Rio chuckled. "Don't forget, I know you."
"I can't believe Elijah would."
"Well, he's a little pissed at you from last year before your mom tried to kill you. But he chose to come to New Orleans for you."
"I suppose you want me to give him my blood?"
"Yeah."
"The one time I needed him to believe in me, out of the centuries we spent together, and he abandoned me over some notion that my enemy spouted. Elijah has been after my redemption, my vindication and the moment that even I start to believe in myself he leaves my side for hers. Here." Klaus sighed giving him the blood, Rio thanked him and turned away. "Thanks, Rio."
"You're my best friend, Klaus. I'm always going to believe in you. It's what best friends do."
"You're more than that, Rio. You're my brother."

"Hey, how is he?" Rio asked Hayley. Elijah seemed to be in a state of deliriousness.
"He's getting worse. He accidentally let me into his mind. I saw Celeste."
"Oh. Awkward."
"Definitely. She was in the bath. At least I know Elijah has good taste in women, she was hot!"
"I never met her, really." He said. "Anyways. Here, some of Klaus's blood should heal that bite."
"Thank you." She said. She took the bottle and slowly got Elijah to drink it. "Why are you so adamant that Klaus doesn't know that the babies can sire?"
"Because, I just know that he isn't. When it comes to family, Klaus is fiercely protective. He's accepted the kids as his family and he wouldn't use them. He wouldn't even take a hair off their head to produce more hybrids. He's a good father."
"He was willing to let me die even though he knew I was pregnant with his kids."
"Yes, and the witches would have devised a new plan to keep Klaus's attention. They wouldn't let go of a potential leverage so quickly. And Klaus would have come round." Rio replied. Hayley raised a brow, when Elijah woke up. "Have a nice nap, sleeping beauty?"
"Shut up, Rio. Klaus gave me his blood?"
"He only needed a little push."
"Say all you want, Rio, but I know my brother."
"Then you'd know he didn't know about the whole siring thing."
"He spent the past millenium trying to make hybrids and now you want me to believe Tyler Lockwood heard about it before Klaus?"
"Yes, actually. You're pissed at your brother, understandable, but you know him best. You should know how he truly feels about being a father once more. You were there when he adopted Marcel, you were the one who told me the stories of how Klaus was like with him. Who told me how fatherly he was. How could you believe that Klaus would use his own children to sire a bloody army before they were even born?"
"Because he would. He was hurt with Marcel, and he's become a lot closed off since, except with you. He would do anything for definite loyalty, the same kind you have for him."
"The same kind you had for him for a thousand years. Don't give up on him now, Elijah. Not now."