4

Anya and Rio were walking when something caught her eyes. Reluctantly, Rio walked up with her.
"I'm looking for a car." Anya smiled. They were in some dealership.
"Of course. Any specific kind?"
"No."
"Anya, have you even passed your driver's test?"
"No. But my test is next week."
"And we'll get you a car, once you pass."
"Can we at least browse, so I know which one to get?"
"I would have thought you'd want your mother's."
"I'm not ready to drive that one yet. I need a starter car."
"What car does your mother have?" The salesman asked.
"Had." She corrected. "And, I don't know what it's called, but it's red and really nice. It's a sports car."
"That one looks good," Rio tried, pointing at a silver BMW.
"It's not me." Anya declined. She searched the dealership, until her eyes landed on a white Mercedes. "That one!"
"This is a Mercedes-Benz CLA-class. One of the latest models. It's pretty awesome but I'm not so sure about it as a starter car."
"Oh please Rio. It's beautiful."
"We'll see when you get your results." Rio said, putting a hand on her head.
"Yes!" Anya squealed. "Do you have it in black?"
"No, but I can order one."
"Please do." Rio asked. "Come on, let's go."

Rio was tired. Anya had taken him all over town and he wanted to just sit down. But that was one concept she didn't seem to understand.
"How are you still so energetic?"
"Well sleeping for almost nine centuries does that to you."
"I don't know what to say to that." He replied.
"Alright fine, I'm getting hungry. Let's find a café." She relented. Rio nodded and they crossed the street where there was one Rio ordered for them both while she grabbed a table. When their food came, Anya started to complain. "Ugh these chips taste weird."
"They seem fine to me."
"You're a vampire, you don't taste food the same." She said. She waved a hand over her chips and took a bit. "Much better."
"You really shouldn't depend on magic, you know."
"Yeah, sure." She replied and took another bite. Less than a minute later two men rushed in through the door. They looked around before there eyes narrowed onto Anya.
"Magic is against Marcel's rules." The first henchman said.
"Who are you?" Rio asked, standing up in front of Anya.
"Step aside, vampire. Or we'll be forced to deal with you, too." The second growled.
"I asked a question and I expect you to answer it."
"And I told you to step aside."
"I suppose we'll both be disappointed. If I step aside, what are you going to do?"
"Kill the witch. She broke one of Marcel's rules."
"Marcel has rules now? Okay, you have two options. You can leave, or you can let us leave."
"And if we choose neither?"
"I'm sure you're aware of the Originals in town. I happen to be close with that family. Now if you lay a hand with either of us, I will make sure you have War. Which means this entire city, and all the vampires in it will die. That includes you. Also, how old are you two?"
"A century? How about you? One?"
"A century and a half. So I'm older than you. You know," He started and they hesitated wondering what he was going to say, but Rio snapped both of their necks. They didn't see it coming. "Can't believe they fell for that."
"I'm going to guess we're leaving?" Anya asked. Rio threw her a look. "Can we at least take this to go before we go to Casa Original?"
"Yeah, just be quick about it. No magic."
"Alright."

"Anybody home?" Rio called as he walked inside. It was dark outside, but he wasn't sure if they were out.
"In here Rio." Klaus called back. He's sat with Hayley in the living room. She was on her laptop researching.
"So I hear it's illegal for normal, non new orleans witches to do magic in this town?"
"Ah, that's probably right. I forgot to mention it."
"Klaus!" Rio said shoving him. "Your little mistake almost got Anya killed."
"i'm sorry man, is she okay?"
"Yeah. How exactly does Marcel know when the witches do magic?"
"His secret weapon. Rebekah met her today. A young girl it seems."
"You have to talk to Marcel. Anya will refuse to not do magic as long as she's in town, so he's got to know she's off limits."
"Well, Marcel is in a particularly good mood today, since I saved his life. I'll make sure he knows and that he spreads the word. Anyone who touches Anya will be fair game for me, alright?" Klaus smirked.
"I'm coming with you." Was Rio's reply.
"Fine, let's go."

"Klaus. Rio?"
"Hello Marcellus."
"Fancy seeing you here. I assume you're the one who snapped the necks of my guys?"
"How'd you come to that conclusion?"
"Well if it were Klaus or Rebekah, the vampires would be dead. And no other vampires would protect a witch. So why did you?"
"That witch is my daughter."
"Right." Marcel nodded as though he understood. "But here's the thing. She broke one of my most important rules."
"Alright, here's the thing Marcel." Klaus mimicked. "Rio here has already lost his wife. He can't lose Anya either. Anya is his daughter and she's had her magic her entire life. Now she's not a New Orleans witch, so whatever it is you have against the witches here- she's not a part of it and she doesn't care about them. She won't put a damper on her abilities on anyone's say so. You knew Charlotte- respected her. Well this witch is Charlotte's biological daughter. She's older than everyone here, save my family. She's probably stronger than your weapon. So here's the proposal. She's off limits. She gets to do magic, and not for the New Orleans witches and you won't send vampires after her. Any vampire that even plucks a hair off her head is fair game for me. And I promise I will torture them and end them."
"Now now, Klaus. I owe you a lot. You saved my life today. But I can't be seen as weak. You know that. I'm already giving you back Elijah. There's only so much I can do."
"Marcellus. This is my daughter. What are you so afraid of?"
"I'm not afraid of anything."
"Anya doesn't give a crap about the New Orleans witches. They use ancestral magic, and she hates witches who use ancestral magic."
"Why?"
"She gave me this whole lecture once. Something about a harvest. Said it was stupid and a bunch of other things. There is no way she'd be on their side, anyways. Something else about getting consecrated she didn't like either. Just strengthening their magical link to the Other side or some crap like that."
"Alright, I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, until I give you the okay, I want you to tell her absolutely no magic."
"I only settle for guarantees Marcel."
"Marcel. I've asked." Klaus started.
"And I've answered."
"I'm only doing this because Anya is someone not to mess with. Now tell your vampires to back off Anya, or either she'll stop them or I will. She's a really strong witch with the might of the Originals behind her. Both Rebekah and I. Now I'm demanding. If any of your vampires try to come after her, I will come after them." With that Klaus vanished and Rio after him.