14

Stefan had killed Silas, and he'd finally gotten his revenge. Rio didn't approve, of course, but he understood Stefan needed it in order to move on. He was still against killing Silas, but if anyone deserved to die it was him. Besides, Silas wanted to die.
"There's a party tonight. Elena told me to invite you and Stefan. She'd appreciate-" Damon said over the phone to his brother.
"Let me stop you there, brother. I'm not coming."
"Why not?"
"Because I'm not in the mood to party? Because I really don't want to? Because it's inappropriate?"
"And how is it inappropriate?" Rio could imagine the middle Salvatore raising a brow.
"Look, you're probably okay with going to a college party- especially since your girlfriend is in college, but I'm not. I'm older than you and everyone there, so hanging out with kids really isn't my idea of fun."
"I'm sure you can pass for mid twenties, Rio. And don't you spend all your time with a sixteen year old?"
"A sixteen year old who happens to be my daughter? Yeah, that's really weird, Damon." Rio replied sarcastically and his brother sighed over the phone.
"She technically isn't your daughter. She's your dead wife's daughter."
"Careful, Damon. Your walking on a dangerous line."
"Then come to the party, you can beat me up then, doesn't that happen at least once at these kind of parties?"
"Damon- as tempting as that offer is, I'm really going to have to pass. Better luck with Stefan." He hung up the phone. He looked around and headed to Grill.

Stefan and Katherine sat together at the bar by the time he got there.
"I never thought I'd see this." He spoke, surprising the pair. "The two of you at the bar together."
"It's a pity drink." Stefan told his brother. "And surprise, surprise! She needs help."
"I'm just trying to help. What would I know about post-traumatic stress? I only had my newborn ripped from my arms by my judgmental father. Then, I had to run five hundred years after my entire family had been slaughtered by a psychopath, but hey! That didn't have any lingering side-effects." Katherine glared, sarcasm dripping from her voice. She got up and headed away but Stefan grabbed her arm and pulled her back. Both Salvatores felt a little sorry for her.
"Okay. Okay. All right.  What do you need?" Stefan gave in.
"I thought you never wanted to see me again? Why did you call me?" A woman called. Most people would consider her beautiful.
"Stefan, Rio, I'd like you to meet Nadia Petrova. My daughter."
"Your what, now?"
"Oh so now you refer to me as your daughter? I thought being estranged was so much easier?" The girl rolled her eyes.
"It is. But circumstances change." Katherine shrugged and called over to Matt. "Hey Matty Blue-Blue!"
"What do you want?" He asked, exasperated.
"Got anywhere private?" Matt raised a brow but Stefan nodded as if saying, go ahead.
"There's the back room." He finally said, and led the group into the back.
"Can you bring the dagger from the traveler?" Katherine asked, leaving the Salvatores slightly confused. Matt rolled his eyes and left the room.
"Just out of morbid curiosity, which one of you is younger?" Stefan asked and Rio shook his head.
"I am." Both mother and daughter said in unison.
"Right." Stefan looked like he regretted his question.
"Why so quiet Tiberius? Missing your wife?" Katherine taunted. He sped over to her and grabbed her neck, squeezing it ever so slightly. Of course, it didn't feel very slight to her.
"Shut up you bitch." He said, before letting go. Stefan did nothing, as she wheezed.
"Say shit like that, Katherine and you can forget about any favours you want." He said, as his older brother stood next to him.
"Awkward." Nadia said in a sing-song voice. Matt walked in holding the knife Katherine asked for.
"Okay. So here's the knife the Traveler left behind with me. Now, what are we doing in here?"
"Take a seat, Matt." She told him, taking away the blade. Katherine turned to look at Nadia and everyone else followed her movements.
"This is ridiculous!" She scowled before walking up to Matt. She grabbed his face and said "Vyjde" [Come forth]
"What the hell was that?" Stefan said. Matt had closed his eyes and opened them and they were all black before he closed and opened them again to it's normal colour.
"She's calling on Matt's passenger." Katherine explained.
"Creepy." Rio commented.
"Co tady dělám?" He asked. [What am I doing here?]
"To je v pořádku miláčku." Nadia replied. [It's okay, sweetheart] Nadia stepped aside to reveal Katherine and Gregor, in Matt's body,  tried to get out of the chair. Stefan pulled him back.
"Easy, Easy."
"Calm down." Rio told Matt. Well, Gregor really.
"Hello, Gregor. I'm Nadia's mother. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." Katherine smiled sweetly. Obviously it was fake.
"What do you want?" He replied in his accented voice.
"Here's the thing. Nadia is my only child. So naturally, I'm suspicious of anyone who wants to date her. Why don't you tell us the real reason why you're in Mystic Falls?"
"Can't you at least try to be nice to your only child. She's the only one who has to like you. The only one who actually does like you. I mean I'm guessing she does." Rio commented. Katherine turned to look at him and rolled her eyes. She turned back to Gregor and waited for his reply.
"Not everyone likes their mother, Rio. Right?" Stefan asked innocently. Rio rolled his eyes.
"To track and kill Silas." Gregor told her.
"Hmmm. So, it has absolutely nothing to do with this?" Katherine asked innocently holding up the blade.
"How did you get that?"
"I would much rather be getting drunk with my brother over there right now, so why don't you stop wasting our time, and tell us what you're doing here?" Stefan walked around Gregor and took the blade from Katherine before placing it at Matt's neck.
"Fine. After Silas was dead, I was meant to kill her." He gestured to Katherine.
"I didn't see that one coming." She said a little taken aback. Rio supposed having people after you while you were human wasn't as comforting.
"Not that anyone would blame you, but why?" Rio asked.
"You were using me to get to her? Why? Why would you kill her?" Nadia sounded hurt.
"That's what the Travelers want. I don't question my orders." Gregor replied, his tone nonchalant.
"See why I don't want you dating my daughter? Because Travelers are ruthless, manipulative hypocrites. I know," Katherine looked back at Nadia, "because your grandfather was one." Before anyone could react, Katherine stabbed Matt with the blade and he fell down. Nadia, shocked, made her way to Matt.
"What did you just do?"
"You can't go around stabbing people, Katherine!" Rio scolded as he knelt down beside Matt's body. He bit his wrist, giving Matt some blood, hoping he wasn't too late and that Matt would live.
"Give it a rest. Matt will be fine. Gregor, on the other hand, not so much. I just expelled his spirit. There's a reason why he wanted this knife so badly. It's the only thing that will truly kill a passenger." She explained.