7

"Woah. I did not know Rio could get angry." Hayley said, when she was alone with Elijah. Rio had gone upstairs shortly after his blowout.
"Pre-Charlie's death, it would have been impossible. Post Charlie's death, he's changed." Elijah sighed.
"It's sad. He's a good guy. He shouldn't have to go through this."
"Bad things happen to good people. And Rio's the best person there is. He'll always find good in people."
"So who's Celeste, Katherine and Marie?"
"My past."
"Mysterious."
"Celeste was when we were here 2 centuries ago. She was a New Orleans witch around the same time Klaus met Marcel, and Klaus killed her. Katherine was a doppelganger, and when Klaus was close to sacrificing her I found a way she could stay alive. But he refused to allow me even though I loved her. She turned herself into a vampire and went on the run to protect herself. She's also one of the few people Rio's ever hated. And Marie was the third woman I had ever loved. We were together a decade, when Klaus killed her because he thought he was losing me, and he has a twisted idea of family. I married her- I think I loved her the most."
"So how many women have you loved?"
"When we were human, there was a village girl Klaus and I loved. She was the first- well second, actually- doppelganger. Our mother killed her. Then was a girl, her name was Aya. She might still be alive, I don't know. We had to leave her when we ran because our father had found us. Third was Marie, fourth was Katherine and fifth, and last, was Céleste."
"The last time you loved was a century ago?"
"Yeah. Well, I saw Katherine again, recently. She and I had a relationship, but she was manipulative and a liar. She said she loved me, and asked me to stay behind with her in Mystic Falls rather than coming to New Orleans for Klaus."
"So what you're saying is you've lived for over a thousand years and you've only loved five women."
"It takes a special woman for me to call it love."
"You're really the good brother." She sounded a little shocked. "You're probably still a virgin. Are you still a virgin?"
"Hayley." He said, startled. "And no, I am not."
"How many women have you had sex with."
"Can we, perhaps, not talk about my sex life?"
"You've only had sex with those five women, haven't you?"
"I'm not discussing this, Hayley."
"In a thousand years, only five women."
"I never had sex with Tatia."
"So four women?"
"If I tell you, will you stop talking about it?"
"No promises." He gave her a look and she smirked, loving how uncomfortable he was. She liked him and, though it was way too early in their non-existent relationship for the ex talk, Hayley somehow didn't mind.
"Six women." He gave in.
"Oh, you little rebel." She teased.

Rio brought his phone out again, and went to his contacts. He went past Charlie, not wanting to see her name. Only pausing when he got to Damon. He hovered over the call button before moving along. He scrolled again, pausing when he got to Stefan. He shook his head and scrolled up, calling Sam.
"Hey Rio. Everything alright?"
"I just wanted to say hi. How's everything over there?"
"I'm fine. I miss Anya though."
"She misses you too. There's just something about you, Sammy girl."
"I told you not to call me that!" She exclaimed, annoyed. Rio smirked though she couldn't see. "So what's the deal with Original family down there?"
"Some family things. I think we'll be here longer than I thought. I want to see this one through."
"Alright. I'll make my way down."
"Okay. See you."
"Bye." Rio hung up and there was a knock on the door.
"Come in." He called and Anya was at the door. "Hey, kid."
"Hey Rio." She said, visibly upset.
"Hey hey hey. What's wrong?" He asked. "Anya, what's up? You can tell me."
"Did you mean everything you said down there?"
"No, no. I just got a little angry. Don't worry about it, Anya. I'm fine."
"No, you're not and you had to keep all these feelings inside so you could look after me. You never got to properly grieve."
"I have grieved Anya. And, though I still love her and I don't think I'll ever get over her, I have grieved Anya. Alright? Don't be upset."
"You and Sam are always so worried about me, but you lost mum and your brothers. Who's going to worry about you?"
"Hey, Anya? I'm fine, okay? And we have the Mikaelsons. We have Sam. I'm not alone, neither of us are. I'm fine."
"Promise?" She asked. He looked at her and gave her a grim smile.
"Promise." She hugged him tightly and didn't let go. "Now come on. Wipe those tears, kid."
"I love you, Rio. You're the best. You could have just told me to got lost, but you stayed and cared for me. You could have changed completely, but you kept strong for me. You could have become a drunk, even or some despicable guy- actually no you couldn't have, scratch that last bit. My point is, you did way more than you had to. Most people are lucky to have a father who'd do something like this for them, but you'd do it- even if we have known each other for less than three years. You're amazing and the best."
"I know." He replied, chuckling. "Don't you forget it. And, Anya. You're my daughter, it's an honour to be able to be in your life like this, okay?"
"Thanks, Rio."