I'm A Walking Travesty (All Time Low Fanfic) - Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter 27

Valarie’s P.O.V

“Oh hell yes,” Mark replied.

I could feel my jaw was hanging somewhere near my knees so I closed my mouth and tried to refrain myself from running at Tom and telling him how much he inspired me. I could feel Jack breathing heavily beside me and could tell he was just as excited as me.

“Are you sure I’m not dreaming?” I asked, touching my face with my hands.

Tom laughed and punched my shoulder.

“Hey!” I shouted.

“Yep, you’re not dreaming.”

I rolled my eyes but couldn’t help the adrenaline that was running through my body. My idol just punched me. Is it bad that that excited me?

“Happy birthday, Valarie!” Travis said as I found myself stuck in the middle of a group hug.

“This would have to be the best birthday ever,” I said excitedly as everyone pulled away.

Tonight was the last show for the tour and everyone was completely psyched. The stage was full of energy, and we were even singing along and dance backstage. The last few riffs of ‘Lost In Stereo’ faded out and Jack and Alex started talking as they usually did.

“Is anyone out there with someone special tonight?” Alex shouted.

The crowd started screaming.

“We sure are!”

“Yeah!” Jack agreed, “And we don’t mean each other.”

They both gave each other one of those classic ‘Jalex’ looks before turning back to the stage.

“As some of you may know, Jack and one of our crew, Valarie are dating!” Alex smirked.

The crowd screamed louder.

“And it just happens to be her birthday,” Jack said, strumming his guitar, “And this song goes out to her.”

The intro of a song everyone knew started playing and I felt myself getting dragged out onto the stage by Jack. He gave me a wry smile as he picked up the song and I stood there awkwardly on stage. Before I knew it everyone was screaming and singing, “Why don’t you come on over, Valerie?”

Alex’s P.O.V

“How long had you been planning that for?” Valarie asked as she pushed the guitars into the trailer.

“A while, we’d been learning the song in secret so you wouldn’t find out,” I replied as I slammed the door shut.

She just rolled her eyes and climbed into the bus. I felt someone wrap their arms around my waste and rest their head between my shoulder blades.

“I think we made her day,” Sam said from behind me.

“You came up with all the ideas,” I murmured, turning around in her arms so that was facing her.

“I suppose so,” she smiled, “Thank god it’s the last show. I’m ready to go home for a while,”

“Me too,” I agreed, kissing her on the lips, “Me too.”

I took her hand and led her toward the bus where we climbed on and slammed the door shut. After a few moments, the bus lurched to a start and we all settled in for the trip home. Everyone was on the couch and we squeezed in, but not before someone muttered that we needed a bigger bus.

“Where’s Val?” I asked.

“In bed,” Jack answered, “She’s had a pretty massive few weeks and I think they’ve drained her completely.”

I was surprised Valarie had even done as much as she had but I knew she was determined to prove to everyone she was fine, especially Jack.

“I think I might hit the hay too,” Jack said, getting up and leaving for the bedroom.

I could feel I was starting to get drowsy, but I didn’t want to go to bed until Jack had settled in.

“Anyone up for a beer?” Zack asked as he got up and headed to the fridge.

“Yep,” I murmured, putting my hand up in the air.

Jack’s P.O.V

I lay down on my bed across from Valarie and put my hands behind my head. I looked over at her and couldn’t help but smile at how cute she looked when she slept. I could feel myself falling in and out of consciousness so I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I was almost asleep until a high-pitched scream woke me up completely.

I looked over at Valarie, who had propped herself up on her elbows and was sweating profusely. She was panting and staring wide-eyed at the wall in front of her.

“What’s wrong? What happened?” I asked as I climbed out of bed and knelt beside her.

“I-I had a dream about the-the,” she panted.

“About what, Val?”

“About the crash,” She murmured.

I could see her eyes welling up with tears so I pulled her into my chest and brushed the hair the stuck to her forehead away from her face.

“Its okay, its okay.” I repeated soothingly as I rocked her back and forth.

I pulled the covers back and slid in beside her, never letting go of her. Her breathing slowly started to calm down and both of us drifted into a not so deep sleep.