I'm A Walking Travesty (All TIme Low Fanfic) - Chapter Six

Chapter 6

Valarie’s P.O.V

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket again and a pulled it out to see I had another twitter mention.

@ValDigsATL R U Jacks GF?

I felt Sof lean over my shoulder to read the message.

“Teenie,” She muttered.

@ATL4lyfily No.

Sof rolled her eyes as I slid my phone back into the pocket of my jeans. I had been spammed with mentions since Jack had welcomed me via twitter. A lot of them were hate too. I had also gained at least two hundred followers in the last hour.

“What the-?”

I looked up from the floor to the stage where Jack was head banging and rocking out on his guitar to see some girl jumping up onto the stage. Before anyone could stop her, she threw herself at Jack. I looked away and pretended I hadn’t seen anything. Security grabbed the girl and took her back down to the mosh pit.

“Oh my god!” Sam shouted from behind Sof and I, “She kissed him!”

I didn’t say anything and just stared at my feet.

“Are you okay, Val?” Sof asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

“Yeah, fine.” I replied.

Was I really fine? I can’t have been. A knot was tied in my stomach and I felt sick, or even, jealous? What the fuck was wrong with me? How could I feel jealous over some fan kissing Jack? Jack…

“Valarie?” Sam asked.

I looked up to see her standing in front of me. Her big dark eyes looked concerned and both her hands were on my shoulders.

“Are you okay?”

I shook my head but didn’t say anything. On the stage, Jack and Alex were talking to the crowd and I could tell the set was almost finished. I looked down at Zack and their mic stands. There were barely any picks left so I grabbed handfuls of each and ducked down while running onto the stage. I stuck a few to Zack’s stand, then Alex’s and Jack’s. Before I could run backstage again, Jack pulled on my hand and whispered for me to stand up.

“Welcome our newest member of the crew!” He shouted into his microphone

He threw an arm around me and as soon as his skin touched mine I felt tingles run down my spine. I smiled awkwardly and Jack gave me a quick squeeze before letting me go backstage again. I felt my phone buzz at least eight times in my pocket. I pulled it out to read my new twitter mentions.

@ValDigsATL is hot!

@ValDigsATL you’re so lucky to work with the boys!

Welcome @ValDigsATL !

Fuck off @ValDigsATL we don’t want you here.

Harsh, I thought to myself as I thanked the first three and ignored the last.

When the show was over the boys moved outside for the meet and greet. The fans piled outside to line up and Cass, Sof, Sam, Dan (the driver) and I stood by the exit of the venue. To my surprise, most fans came past us as well as the boys to get our autographs.

“You guys are just as important as the band!” One guy said when I asked him why, “Without you, there would be no shows.”

I smiled at him and signed his copy of Nothing Personal. Sof nudged me with her elbow and I looked up to see the same crazy fan in the crowd pushing herself towards Jack. She was holding a camera and screaming at him for a picture. All the other people in the crowd were looking disgruntled and pissed off because they had been pushed in front of.

Jack just laughed and took the camera, holding it in front of the two of them. She kissed his cheek as they took the picture. Sof rolled her eyes again.

“This happens regularly does it?” I asked, trying not to sound like it had affected me, even though it had in the tiniest bit.

“Sure does,” She laughed, “Sam’s had learn to deal with it.”

I nodded my head as the girl ran past us to the exit while screaming ‘I KISSED JACK BARAKAT’. I laughed a little at how excited she was. Eventually the lines cleared and we all started to pack the equipment into the trailer. Jack swung his guitar around, belting my in the head.

Jack’s P.O.V

Something made a massive thump and I turned around to see Valarie crouching on the ground with her hand over her forehead. Blood was running through her fingers and I realised the neck of my guitar had it her on the head.

“I’m so sorry!” I repeated over again.

She didn’t answer and I knelt down beside her. I wrapped my arm around her waist and put her arm around my shoulders before helping her up and taking her into the bus. She hissed as I sat her down on the couch before throwing everything out of every sing cupboard in the van until I could find the first aid kit.

Sam came in the door behind me as I knelt down so I was level with Valarie. She poured the disinfectant cleaning stuff onto a swab and handed it to me before filling a glass of water and handing that to Valarie. Valarie took a small sip and I started to dab at the cut on her forehead. She hissed and scrunched up her nose as the cut stung from the disinfectant.

“I’m sorry,” I kept repeating over and over again.

She grabbed my wrist with her cold hand and pulled my hand away from her face.

“Stop it,” she murmured.

“Stop what?” I asked.

“Saying sorry. And putting whatever that shit is on my head.”

“Oh, sorry. I mean, err.”

Valarie laughed and took the bandage off me. She tried to stick it to her head, but I pulled it over and put it on for her. She smiled slightly. A strand over her reddy brown hair had fallen over her face and I had to stop myself from brushing it away. Our noses were almost touching and her dark green eyes were staring straight at mine…

“So, err, are you hungry?” I asked, pulling away from her.

“Not really,” She murmured, looking as awkward as I felt.