I'm A Walking Travesty (All Time Low Fanfic) - Chapter Four

Sof’s P.O.V

“How long have we got till the first show?” I asked over the glossy fashion magazine I was reading.

“It’s tomorrow night. We’ll be there in the morning,” Zack replied.

“Jeez! This weeks gone quick!”

“I know right,” Valarie murmured as she stroked the nail polish brush on her toenails

Rian entered the room, throwing a can of coke at me and Valarie before sitting down beside Zack.

“Where are the others?” I asked him as he sat down.

“Alex and Jack are still asleep. Donna had to go. Sam and Cass are booking out the bowling alley,” He replied.

“The bowling alley?”

“Yeah. It was Jack’s idea. He wanted us all to go bowling together before the first show.”

I looked out the window. The sky was grey and the truck stop we had parked in was completely deserted, thank god. I hated it when the fans swarmed the bus.

“Good morning,” came Jack’s groggy voice as he stepped out of the bedroom.

“Try afternoon,” I corrected.

“Good of you to finally join us,” Valarie said.

He laughed and went straight to the fridge for food. Jack was well known for eating way too much when he was hung over. Valarie started blowing on the nail polish on her fingers to dry it. Jack squeezed himself between Valarie and me before taking a huge bite out of his toast.

“Are you guys ready?” Sam and Cass asked as they burst through the door.

Valarie and I nodded and stood up as Jack tried to pull shoes on without rolling off the sofa.

Cass’s P.O.V

“Size 8,” I said to the guy behind the counter.

He rummaged through the shelves before pulling out a pair of red, white and black bowling shoes and handing them to me. The others got their bowling shoes and we all headed down to one of the lanes.

“We have to split into teams,” Alex said, pointing out the obvious.

“I so dibs Alabama!” Jack said, grabbing hold of Valarie and pulling her behind him.

“But I can’t even bowl!” she retaliated.

“I will teach you, don’t you worry about that,” he smirked.

Everyone started fighting over who they were going to go with until Zack stepped in a decided for them. Me, Valarie, Jack and Rian on one team and Sam, Alex, Zack and Sof on the other. The eight of us went about picking bowling balls and Jack and I helped Valarie choose hers.

“You want something heavy, but not too heavy,” Jack instructed.

“Check.”

“You have pretty skinny fingers so you shouldn’t have to worry about the holes.”

I scoffed and sat down beside Rian as we waited to finally be joined by Jack and Valarie. Rian started punching our names into the screen, refusing to let Valarie use the gutter guards saying that it was an unfair advantage even though she didn’t know how to play.

I was first and I picked up my shiny, fluro green ball and lining it up with the middle pin. I drew my arm back and threw the ball down the lane, screaming at it to turn so that it wouldn’t go in the gutter, even though I knew that wasn’t going to do anything. My ball hit one pin and I waited for it to come back before trying again. This time I only got four pins down. Valarie sure didn’t have to worry about not being able to play because I wasn’t any good either.