I'm A Walking Travesty (All Time Low Fanfic) - Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter 24

Valarie’s P.O.V

The vibrating of my phone woke me up from my sleep and I rolled over in the uncomfortable hotel bed, stretching my arm out and feeling around for Jack’s body. But he wasn’t there. I sat up and opened my eyes, staring at the empty spot beside me before looking around the room. The only other people in the room were Sam and Alex. Alex was snoring softly while precariously dangling off the edge of his bed and I couldn’t see Sam past his body.

I felt my eyes start to prickle and I tilted my head back so that the tears wouldn’t run. I didn’t know why I was getting so worked up. He was probably just in the bathroom or something. My phone kept vibrating on the wooden bedside table before falling over the edge and hitting the carpeted floor with a thump. I leaned over and picked it up, dusting off the screen to see a twitter mention from Jack.

Look out the window @ValDigsATL

I swung my cast off the edge of my bed and stood up slowly. I limped my way to the window before pushing it open. It was still dark outside so it wasn’t hard to notice the glow coming from the parking lot below. Written in what seemed like hundreds of tiny candles were the words, “Be My Girlfriend?”

@ValDigsATL go outside

I set my iPhone back down on the bedside table. Pulling Jack’s leather jacket over my pajamas and slipping the one-foot that wasn’t in my cast into a low-top converse before limping out of the hotel room quietly. I gently shut the door so that it wouldn’t wake Alex or Sam up. I slowly made my way down the few steps to the first level of the hotel before pushing the door open and heading out into the cold.

It was still dark out and the cool wind whipped at my cheeks and made them sting. I pulled Jack’s jacket tighter around my torso. I brushed a stray strand of hair out of my face as I walked through the parking lot toward the orange glow. Hundreds of tiny candles lit up the parking lot, illuminating the figure that was leaning against the wall. Jack. He looked up as I not-so-silently picked my way through the candles, my cast cover clunking against the ground.

“Too much?” he murmured into the darkness.

His brown eyes glowed in the light and I shook my head. A wide smile crept onto his face, making his face light up.

“How did you even think of this?” I asked, stopping about a metre away from.

“Well, a girl once told me that she loved corny love letters and candle lit dinners. Since I can’t write love letters or cook, she only got the candles,” He let out a small laugh.

I laughed.

“What do you think?” Jack asked, taking a step forward, “About me err, my offer.”

I filled the last few steps between us before murmuring my answer against his lips as I pressed mine against them.

Alex’s P.O.V

“I never knew weddings could be so complicated,” I muttered, pushing my hair out of my face.

I could barely see Sam behind an ever-growing pile of wedding dress magazines. We’d been planning it all day and I was starting to get sick of hearing about whether she should have sleeves or strapless. I had the job of choosing a location, but everything I picked out Sam disagreed with.

“Brooklyn?” I said with an exasperated sigh.

Sam looked up from a magazine and cocked her head to ones side which meant she couldn’t decide or couldn’t be bothered right now. I was still yet to tell Jack of my plan to make him my best man, while Sam had appointed Sof to be the Maid of Honor.

“What about California? A beach wedding?”

Sam raised her eyebrows. All of my other suggestions had involved a traditional church wedding. Slowly, she nodded and a let out a sigh of relief that we had finally agree on something. She threw a magazine onto my lap. The page she’d marked was full of suits and I stared at it blankly.

“What am I meant to do with this?”

“I was thinking the black one with a black tie and shirt,” Sam said, ignoring my question.

I just nodded. I didn’t really care what I was wearing as long as I was getting married to the girl I loved.

“Guess who’s finally an item.”

I looked up to see Cass standing in the doorway to our hotel room with Jack and Valarie behind her. Jack has his arm around Valarie’s shoulders while her arm was around his waist.

“About time guys,” I rolled my eyes, “All that sexual tension was starting to get on everyone’s nerves.”

Valarie blushed as she ducked out from under Jack’s arm, puling him toward their double bed.

“Oi Jack,” I said, pulling him aside, “Can I please talk to you?”

He nodded and gestured for him to come out into the hallway. I noticed he had a hickey on his neck, but I didn’t say anything.

“I was wondering if you would maybe want to be my best man for the wedding?” I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.

Jack laughed and pulled me into a headlock, ruffling up my hair with his fist.

“Of course man! I’d be honored,” he winked.

Samantha’s P.O.V

“So when’s the wedding?” Valarie asked as she ripped a bit of chicken off the bone with her teeth.
“We’re thinking the week after the tour finishes,” I answered, “I was wondering if you girls wanted to be my bridesmaids?”

“You serious?” Cass said from the sofa beside Val, “I would love too!”

“I second that,” Valarie agreed.

“I’ve never been to a wedding before,” Cass said, frowning.

“I hear the cake is good,” Val said.
I rolled my eyes. Of course you had to count on Valarie to change any subject to food. I picked out a chip from the KFC box, biting off a small piece. Unlike Val and Cass, Sof and I were exceptionally neat and picky when we ate.

“Speaking of cake,” Sof said, “Isn’t it your birthday soon, Val?”

Val’s face crinkled into a frown as she tried to remember what day it was, “oh my god, it is!”

I nudged Sof in the side to make sure she wouldn’t give away what we were getting Valarie. Cass eyed me from across the room, making sure I wasn’t going to let anything slip.

“What?” Valarie asked, “Why are you guys all so quiet?”

“No reason,” I lied.

Before she could say anything, Sof strategically changed the subject.

“So you and Jack, aye?”

“Well apparently, you guys knew all along what he was going to do.”

Her expression looked so satirical that I couldn’t help but laugh, accidently snorting while I did and causing everyone else to burst into laughter.