I'm A Walking Travesty (All Time Low Fanfic) - Chapter Five

Zack’s P.O.V

“So he doesn’t remember anything from last night?” Valarie asked for the fifth time.

“Nope, not a thing,” I answered, “Why?”

“No reason,” She mumbled, pulling Alex’s amp out of the trailer and taking it into the venue.

“She wants to know if he remembers kissing her or not,” Sof appeared behind me.

“Oh,” I nodded as I handed her the last guitar from the trailer, “Does she like him or something?”

“I don’t think so. I think she is just confused.”

“Yeah, fair enough.”

The two of us walking inside with the last of the sounds stuff and went through the backstage entrance until we reached the stage. I looked out over the standing area, or as I liked to call it, the mosh pit. It looked so empty, and I couldn’t wait for it to be filled later on tonight. Cass and Valarie were already starting to set up and Jack, Alex and Rian were nowhere to be seen.

“Where are the others?” Sof asked.

“Macca’s run,” Cass replied.

Donna was back to help set the drums up because she was our drum tech. Sof and I gave Cass and Valarie the last of our stuff and sat back to let them do their thing. Alex, Rian and Jack burst through the door. Sam followed them in.

“The fans are already lining up!” She said.

“Already?” Valarie asked.

“What did you expect?” I laughed.

All of a sudden my pink bass started blaring out of the amp as Valarie made sure it was in tune. She sat it down before heading over to Alex’s guitar and gentle strumming that. Then she sat down on Jack’s amp and tuned his.

“Open,” Jack said, holding a bag of French fries.

She stared at him before opening her mouth and he put a few fries in. She kept playing his guitar. Cass disappeared backstage before emerging again with a cardboard box.

“I saved this for some lucky fans. Get signing boys,” She said excitedly.

Valarie’s P.O.V

“Why are we doing this?” I asked as we stood behind the door to one of the entrances to the mosh pit.

“It gives us something to do while the boys practice,” Cass answered.

She knocked on the door with her fisted and we both laughed as a bunch of girls started screaming on the other side of it. She grabbed one of the guitar picks that said ‘JAGK’ and had also been signed by Jack, and shoved it under the crack of the door. The girls started screaming and one starting shouting that the pick was hers.

Cass took my arm and led me around the back to the ‘secret’ way out of the venue. As soon as we appeared on the outside with arms full of merch, the fans started screaming and shouting again.

“How do they know who we are?” I asked.

“They know me from all the boys’ other shows,” She answered, “Who wants to win some free merch?”

The crowd got louder as we walked through them. Cass started throwing picks out to people and handed me a few shirts and wristbands. Someone leaned over the barrier near me.

“How do we win that?” She asked, point to the shirts.

I looked back and Cass and she smirked.

“Can you do a handstand?” She asked.

“Sure,” She shrugged.

“While singing Dear Maria?” She asked.

“I can try!”

The girl flipped herself onto her hands while screaming as loud as she could the lyrics to Dear Maria. I thought it was impressive but Cass looked like she had seen this thing way too much. The girl eventually stopped singing and Cass threw her a t-shirt. We handed out a few more shirts and I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out to see I had a mention on twitter.

Woo! So pumped for tonights show! Welcome aboard @ValDigsATL

I replied

@JackAllTimeLow someone clearly hacked my phone while I was sleeping…

I didn’t both changing my username back and me and Cass headed back inside.

“Meet We Are The In Crowd!” Alex shouted over the top of Rian playing the drums.

I shook hands with each member and we all introduced ourselves. A security guard appeared and told us that they were opening the doors in five and we all rushed back stage.

“Good luck boys,” I said.