I'm A Walking Travesty (All Time Low Fanfic) - Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter 26

Cassandra’s P.O.V

“I’ve got your picture, I’m coming with you. Dear Maria count me in.”

This was one of the last few shows of the tour and the boys were going all out, jumping around and having a good time. I stood between Valarie and Vinnie side stage, watching the show. Things had finally gotten back to normal. Valarie and Jack were finally an item, Sof and Zack had sorted everything out, Rian and Donna were still going steady and Alex and Sam were getting married in a few weeks.

“Hey Cass,” Vinnie whispered in my ear so I would hear him over the music, “Wanna go get a coffee after the show?”

I felt Valarie nudge me in the ribs with her elbow and I looked over at her to see her nodding her head in Vinnie’s direction. Her expression said ‘go for it.’ I nodded and Vinnie’s face lit up in a wide grin.

After the show we all helped pack up. I took some of Valarie’s load because she was still struggling with her broken leg. After everything was packed back into the trailer, Vinnie and I walked out of the venue parking lot and down the main street. It was pretty much empty except for a few restaurants that opened late and some straggling fans trying to get home.

We found a small coffee shop on the corner with its lights still on and decided to go check it out. An ‘open’ sign hung on the door and a few people were still sitting inside. Vinnie pushed the door open and held it for me, letting me in first before we both took a seat in one of the booths. A waitress came around and took our orders before scuttling off to make our coffees.

“So,” Vinnie said, make the awkward silence between us even more awkward.

“So,” I repeated.

We both laughed and were saved by the coffees appearing on the table in front of us. I picked up my mug and took a sip.

“You’ve got a bit of,” Vinnie leaned forward, “Right here.”

He put his warm hand on my cheek and wiped the froth from my cappuccino off my nose with his thumb. I set my coffee down and laughed awkwardly. Our faces were inches apart, and before I could say anything to ease the silence, Vinnie gently pressed his lips to mine. We kissed for only a few seconds, but it was enough to get my stomach fluttering.

Valarie’s P.O.V

“Close your eyes,” Sam said as she stood behind me.

She reached over and covered my already closed eyes with her hands before ushering me forward. I hear a door squeak open and I guessed we were in a different room, but wasn’t entirely sure until the song I dreaded the most was sung.

“Happy Birthday to you,” everyone sung as I was finally allowed to open my eyes.

I looked around. The whole band and crew were here. I stood there awkwardly, not knowing where to look, as they sung ‘Happy Birthday’ to me before shouting “Hip, hip! Hooray!”

“Happy twenty-second birthday, Valarie!” they all shouted.

I smiled as someone slapped me on the back and presents were handed in my direction.

“This is from us guys, except Jack,” Alex said.

He passed me a box that was almost bigger than me. It wasn’t rapped, but a big red bow was tied around the top. I put it on the ground, untied the bow and opened the box. Inside were bundles of neatly folded up band tees.

“Finally!” I shouted excitedly, “Someone actually listened when I said all I wanted was band merch!”

“Most of it’s our own merch,” Rian said with a wink, “About time you started wearing some All Time Low shirts!”

I laughed and hugged all the boys in turn, thanking them profusely. I felt Jack slide his arms around my waste. He held a small box out in front of me.

“Under eighty dollars,” he murmured, “I don’t think anyone else listened to you though.”

I turned around in his arms and planted a kiss on his lips.

“Thank you,” I whispered.

The white box was also wrapped in a red ribbon. I undid the ribbon and pulled off the lid to see a beautiful silver necklace with a tiny silver heart pendant on the end. I slid it out of the box and held it up to my eyes.

“It’s beautiful,” I exclaimed, receiving a smile from Jack, “It’s so beautiful.”

He took the necklace out of my hands and turned me around. I held up my wavy brown hair so he could do it up. The metal was cold and it hung right over my chest.

“C’mon guys, there’s still more prezzies!” Cass shouted from the other side of the room.

Sof approached me with a white envelope that of course, was wrapped in a red ribbon. They seemed to be going with a theme here.

“This is from us girls,” she said as I opened the envelope.

Inside were two tickets to Blink 182.

“You can’t be serious,” I said, “Oh my god!”

Cass smiled, “I knew you’d like it!”

“This must have cost a fortune!”

“It worth it to see your reaction!” Sam said happily.

I hugged all the girls and thanked them.

“Wait, who’s the second ticket for?”

Everyone in the room looked at Jack. He didn’t say anything for a while.

“So that’s why you guys wouldn’t tell me what you were getting her!” he exclaimed.

“We’re not out of surprises yet!” Zack said.

My stomach dropped. Something horrible was going to happen now. They probably had some creepy clown hiding around the corner waiting to hit me in the face with a pie.

The door behind us creaked open, and there stood the guys from Blink 182, the one and only Tom, Mark and Travis.

“Hell no,” was all I could manage to say.